Friday, April 9, 2010

how did I get to this point in my life??...

I am not one who usually likes to talk about my job and some of the "lovely people" I have the pleasure of spending everyday with...but today was not a good day..and I am feeling rather disillusioned.

Some days are good and others are just plain awful..what I do for a living is not a problem..I like my job..the people I am stuck working with everyday are the ones who make me feel like I am back in high school, dealing with the "schoolyard bullies".  It would be nice to go to work and actually feel like you are part of a team!

I am over 50 years old and have worked in the same place since 1976..not always doing the same job..but the department I am in now  has a few people who feel like they are better than everyone else and seem to enjoy ruining my day!..I have never, in all the years been treated like I am the 'stupid one'..like I said school yard bullies is what they are...I have said before that they 'strut around thinking they are Queen  #$%^ of Turd Island..well, they all need to be "hit with a ball of their own "poop".

Gone are the days of meeting my co-workers for coffee and chatting about our lives and our kids.feeling like you are actually liked and that people care about you....this group that I work with can barely say 'good morning' and when it comes to coffee or lunch breaks they would much rather sit anywhere but with their co-workers.  It is every woman for herself with this group...don't get me wrong there are some lovely people who I work with on a daily basis but there is always a few who just  are nasty!!..and it is the nasty ones who seem to set the tone for the day.

It is sad that my work life has come to this..but every day is one day closer to 'keeping our eye on the prize'..Doug always tells me to 'play nice in the sandbox'..but sometimes it is very difficult!!!

I know that one day I will be able to walk out of my place of employment and not look back!!..so when I say 'so long to Turd Island'...it will be a GREAT DAY!!!

7 comments:

  1. It is hard to play nice when you work with a bunch of jerks... I don't understand it at all. What do people like that get out of being A__ holes? Just try to ignore them and keep focused on the BIG picture.
    Have a good day
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This must be more common than what most people realize.Donna is going through the same thing in her last days before retirement,the girls in her office have lost track of the mission of getting the job done,they gossip and talk on the phone and litle gets accomplished, even the dept manager participates, Donna has a work ethic so she is shunned and talked about behind her back. I told her just to hang on it wiil be worth the extra months vacation she is going to earn to stay a little longer.Hopefully Good will Triumph over evil. Be Safe out there.Sam & Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I was moving from job to joba few years ago, a friend gave me a copy of this parable. It is an amazing way to think about your day, and when you are in the proverbial pile of shit the next time, this will make you smile.


    A little bird was flying south for the winter. It was so cold that the bird froze and fell to the ground in a large field. While it was lying there, a cow came by and dropped a load of hot, steaming dung on it. As the frozen bird lay there in the pile of shit, it began to realize how warm it was. The dung was actually thawing him out! He lay there all warm and happy and soon began to sing for joy. A passing cat heard the bird singing and came to investigate. Following the sound, the cat discovered the bird under the pile of cow dung. The cat promptly dug the bird out, killed him and ate him.

    Management Lesson: Not everyone who drops shit on you is your enemy. Not everyone who pulls you out of shit is your friend. And when you're warm and happy in your pile of shit, keep your mouth shut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Point is, and you know this already, you are biding time there, and there are probably much worse places to be. Maybe it'll encourage you to get to your goal sooner! Good Luck, and Yeehaw, camping season is almost here. We have 31 days booked already and a bunch more left to book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First I love the music and all the songs.

    This is no joke just before I got to your blog I was thinking if it was possible to do it...can you tell me how to do it?

    And about your job I can relate,I work for a large church and you would'nt think it would go on there but it does.

    Think I will just hang out on your site and listen to the music....

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is such a shame that you have to be under such stress. It is very bad for you, too.
    Are you sure it is worth it?

    Keep smiling, it will make them wonder what you are up to!

    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  7. No matter what we are doing, what our job is, who we know....there are always "some" that just seem bent on ruining everything that is good. Hang out with us RVer's and bloggers...WE love you!

    ReplyDelete

The ‘Cavalry’ Has Arrived?

May 7-16, 2017 Spring has sprung and the weather that rolls in over the lake is every changing.. This morning, May 16, we woke to a ligh...