Tuesday, July 27, 2010

enlightenment!!

This post is an enlightenment lesson..Dennis and Donna( cave dwellings)..made a comment yesterday with regards to an item I used in my dinner preparation..the item was “bocconcini cheese”..this cheese is a soft unripened cheese..italian cheese balls…so ends the suspense…

IMG_1860 IMG_1861

roma tomatoes

fresh basil

salt and pepper

olive oil

balsamic vinegar

IMG_1862 IMG_1863

slice the tomatoes..slice the cheese..place one piece on top a slice of tomato..add a piece of fresh basil..

IMG_1864 IMG_1865

at this point  ..you can cover the plate with saran wrap and put it in the fridge until you are ready to serve it..just before serving drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil and salt and pepper….

IMG_1866

I don’t even like tomatoes and this is one of my favourite appetizers..thanks for the blog enlightenment, Donna!!!..this would go well with your happy hour..ENJOY!!

5 comments:

  1. That's a tasty looking appetizer - I'm printing that recipe off right now - thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm! It looks so fresh and inviting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE tomatoes and that looks delicious!! I will print out the recipe and put it in my file.
    Thanks so much for sharing!!

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!!!! I LOVE THE WHOLE RECIPE...IF I CANNOT FIND THE BOCCONCINI CHEESE, MAYBE I COULD USE FRESH MOZZARELLA BALLS, SLICED!??? DEFINITELY A KEEPER...I WILL SEND THE RECIPE TO MY DAUGHTER IN INDY..OUR OTHER DAUGHTER'S IDEA OF COOKING IS CARDBOARD PIZZA OR FISH STICKS...

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL!!! Now, you know, you could ditch the vinegar, and add some prociutto (super expensive only for special occasions Italian cured ham)

    You get my stamp of approval on authenticity on this one! And I'm Italian :)

    ReplyDelete

The ‘Cavalry’ Has Arrived?

May 7-16, 2017 Spring has sprung and the weather that rolls in over the lake is every changing.. This morning, May 16, we woke to a ligh...