Thursday, July 29, 2010

it is still a learning curve..

This morning I sent an email to Rick “the blogger problem go to guy”..with regards to Picasa 3..I was having some issues with regards to using this new fan- dangled program with Live Writer….and I had some questions for our ‘blogger guy’..a lot of questions…

 

2010_07_21

My phone rang this afternoon and it was Rick on the other end…he figured rather than trying to explain in an email ..he would call me and see if we could get this to work for me!!..we spent more than half an hour on the phone ..him patiently explain the process  and answering my questions…the dumb blonde in Coquitlam has learned something new today!!!

2010_07_211

just wanted to  say thank you, Rick for taking the time and effort to help those of us in need!!!..now I am no longer the newbie with Picasa…I think I have it figured out..sort of..it is still a learning curve …but at least I can now use it !!!..I can even make collages!!..how is that for a beginner!!!..it is a work in progress.. :)

P.S…one year ago today Bigdawg and Freeway was born…this is post  number 201!!!..thanks to all my followers…keep reading and commenting and the writing will still happen..if you write it..they will read!!

keep an eye on the prize!!

7 comments:

  1. It's nice to have such friends that will help along the way. Glad things are progressing with Picasa and it will be easier and better for you to enhance your lovely pics.
    Take care,
    Mike & Gerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the collage feature, and use it for interesting desktop backgrounds...like your lighthouse collage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your right Rick is the Go To Man when it comes to Picasa. He has been a great help to me.

    I have a cousin that lives in Coquitlam, B.C.

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy reading your blog! I, too, am a newbie with Picasa. I took Roberta's advice and joined Geeks on Tour. They have videos on many topics, not just Picasa. Rick has helped me, too, specifically with learning to use Live Writer.

    I had no idea when I started blogging that it would turn into a network of RVing friends who willingly help each other out with technical issues as well as RV issues.

    Loved your collage pictures of the bridges and lighthouses, both are favorite subjects of mine, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue, it was great to get to talk to you yesterday and it sure looks like you are well on your way with Picasa! Nice job on the collages too - very impressive.

    Congrats on your first anniversary of blogging - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great, Sue! I always wondered how people did the smooth looking collages. I just put it together in powerpoint, then save it as a JPEG. It's not nearly as refined looking as what you guys do! Man, that Rick sure is a nice guy to take the time to help you over the phone!

    Congrats on your 1 year anniversary! I'm sure glad I found you guys. I love your blog :)

    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, now I have to try that collage thing. So far I am scared to jump too far into the techno geekism...afraid I may not ever come out. I love the collage idea, though..You're sooo right about the "communtity" of bloggers. I have only been doing this thing since December '09...and I am quite addicted to it..Dennis and I wrestle each other for the computer chair....What a visual!

    ReplyDelete

The ‘Cavalry’ Has Arrived?

May 7-16, 2017 Spring has sprung and the weather that rolls in over the lake is every changing.. This morning, May 16, we woke to a ligh...