Wednesday, August 4, 2010

August 5th 1979

On this day in 1979..31 years ago..Doug and I had our first date..Where did we go?

We went to a restaurant in New Westminster called the ‘King Neptune’..I have searched and searched on the internet to find an old photo of this restaurant that is not here anymore..but I had no luck..on the site where the ‘King Neptune’ was is now the New Westminster Quay…in the past years we have spent many  an afternoon strolling along the boardwalk..pushing Carlie in her stroller..lots of memories at this spot..…thinking of that first date and how far we have come…

QUAYmarket

quay

 

Our first date was dinner with Doug’s family..his Dad, his Dad’s girlfriend, Moni..Ron and Karen..and Karen’s mom and dad..Bob and Doris..quite the entourage for a first date ..but Doug’s dad was buying and who is gonna pass up on a free meal..raw oysters and all!!!

 

new-westminster-quay-east3

When I think back to that day 31 years ago..I wonder where the time has gone??..the only ones that are still alive are Moni, and Ron and Karen, of course..who would have thought that an evening spent with all of them that we would still be together….but 31 years later…here we are!!!..better and better is all it can be!!

 

Here’s to 31 more!!!..cheers!!.love ya!!!!!

cheersp.s..my wonderful husband came home with a bouquet of flowers today!..aren’t they pretty!!!

IMG_1979 

august 20103

7 comments:

  1. What great memories, boy Doug's family really believed in chaperoneing, would have been hard to sneak a smooch without someone seeing you. You made me think of my first date with Donna. I took her to an Italian Restaurant called Napoli's, when she said what do you want I said beer and pizza,(they had a killer pizza they were famous for) she said sounds good, it wasn't till a few eeks later I found out she didn't care much for pizza, and hated beer. needless to say I let her make the dinner suggestions after that. It must have worked cause were still together like you & Doug, 30 plus years, she still doesn't like beer, and only occasionally will eat pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on 31 years of making great memories! Isn't it wonderful to still be in love after all those years??? A true blessing!
    Now you all are going to be busy making new memories in your full-time life...traveling with your best friend!!

    Happy 31!!!
    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a crowded first date for sure. I guess it didn't scare you off since you are still there....31 years later. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 31 years!! What a start though! I'm afraid that if I had taken Paulette to meet my family on our first date, I may never have seen her again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 31 years together...I would have preferred your first date to mine..Dennis took me to the drive-in theater...What, exactly, did he have on his mind?? I could have used a few chaperones in the backseat..Obviously, he didn't scare me off..I'm still here 41 years later...Live every day like your pants were on fire, that's what I say!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Sue and Doug. 31 years is a long time to be together. Here's to many more happy years together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the Bigdawg. I have spent over half my life with this woman. She is the most thoughtful,kindness and giving person I know. We have had our ups and downs. But I couldn't manage life without you.You are truly my best friend HAPPY 31 years looking at this mug.
    Love Always The Bigdawg

    ReplyDelete

The ‘Cavalry’ Has Arrived?

May 7-16, 2017 Spring has sprung and the weather that rolls in over the lake is every changing.. This morning, May 16, we woke to a ligh...