Friday, August 13, 2010

What is ‘blogging ?’

I have been blogging for over a year now…and have a small collection of followers for which I am most grateful..some readers comment on every post or almost every one..some just read in silence and say nothing and that is okay too…but what is the real reason behind the blog…is it an addiction?..is it a diary?..a  scrapbook of my life?..a journal for my family?..or just my thoughts and photos on a webpage?

so what is blogging? and what does it mean?

 

september 2009

Me?..I ‘googled’ it..

A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world.

Your blog is whatever you want it to be. There are millions of them, in all shapes and sizes, and there are no real rules.

In simple terms, a blog is a web site, where you write stuff on an ongoing basis. New stuff shows up at the top, so your visitors can read what's  new…

 

I was away for a few days and left the laptop at home..I had my ‘blackberry phone’ with me..so I had some contact with face book and my email account..but while I was away I was wondering what all my blogging friends were up to…there was  some catching up to do when I got home..

So in turn I guess I could say I am addicted to the blogging frenzy..yes, we are  out living our  life..taking tons of photos and recording all our escapades on my blog…but when we are out and about I think..is this a blog worthy day??..and if not oh, well..maybe tomorrow??..but sometimes a nothing kind of day gets the most comments??..why is that?..

Do we find the mundane, humdrum days the most interesting?..or is it he wild adventures that we are all craving?..or do we want to know how people are feeling?..sharing thoughts and dreams??.

P9077920

is it all about the creativity?..being funny?…being sad?..being grumpy..….every blog is different…we are all creative in our own way…and that is what makes blogging interesting..so here is to all you bloggers out there…the full timers, the part timers and those who are in a holding pattern(like us)….thanks for sharing your lives with us…you are a bright spot on  a sometimes dull and boring day!!

We  are  off to live our  life and blog about it later!!!…one day our life will be filled with campsites, campfires,new roads travelled,  new scenery, new adventures , new friends and old ones..but for today we will continue to BLOG!!….today is a gift ..that’s why is it called the present!

 

CAKE COLLGE

see you all down the road…Cheers!!

{dreams never die ..just the dreamer..}

9 comments:

  1. This is why I like to read your blog. You have things to say and you say them well. Your pictures are good, your blog is good, and you write about many different subjects. Through your blog, I feel like a get a glimpse of who you are. Keep up the great blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We enjoy blogging and every day are on the lookout for the funny or unusual things in life as we RV. It's becoming an addicition. ;C)

    Thanks for taking the time to visit our blog, we appreciate your comments, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I think there are just about as many reasons for blogging as their are different types of blogs and bloggers. I agree with Carol K, your blog always has something to say of interest and it is always well written. Good job and keep blogging.

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I think all of us who do blog have asked and wondered about the same questions you have. Maybe it's best we don't ever get a real answer or we might all quit!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed this....I'm trying to remember to use my Posterous.com account to blog as well as update my Twitter and Facebook pages. I also setup the email address so I can blog directly via email.

    Heck, I've had strangers in an RV park walk up to me and ask why I hadn't been blogging lately. LOL! Guess they are the addicted ones...

    I used to blog daily but now it's much more sporadic. Sometimes too busy, sometimes not much to blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you have to think with your fingertips ...and "on the fly" to blog..Also have a pretty good memory of what happened during the day..this is where I have a problem...I loved the defitition of "blog"...pretty much covered it all..I am addicted to both...being a BLOGGER, and being a BLOGGEE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the gift! Right now, I'm sort of at a road block with my blog. Perhaps because our trip isn't too interesting; along with not that much wifi this time either...

    A question for you~how do you use the papyrus font? It's one of my favorites, but not a choice on my blogger dashboard!!! Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doug and Sue,

    A very intersting blog... Love all your pictures. Keep them coming. Pidge

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are lots of blogs out there that I like, but I've found that I can't comment on all of them daily. If I did, I'd never get out of the rig! Then there's writing my own blog, that takes several hours. What's a girl to do? Muddle through I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete

The ‘Cavalry’ Has Arrived?

May 7-16, 2017 Spring has sprung and the weather that rolls in over the lake is every changing.. This morning, May 16, we woke to a ligh...