Sunday, October 10, 2010

10 10 10

Happy 10th day of the 10th month of the 2010th year!!..if I had not read Neil’s post last night with regards to this day today..I more than likely would not have noticed!…he explains all about the significance of 10 1o 10..so I will let him explain it…

Our weekend so far has been pretty ORDINARY…nothing like Rick and Paulette with their purchase of a new fiver!!!..how exciting is that!!!..I am sure they can hardly wait to head south for the winter!!!

We did some errands..in fact lots of errands yesterday…and then Saturday  evening I organized my new ‘handy dandy budget binder’….

Don’t know if it will help with our ‘budget but a girl has to to try… and then I also organized all my recipes.. that was  just a ‘dang mess’…my original plan was to retype all of them but I couldn’t get the Microsoft Word program to open!!!..so I just ripped apart the mess..and re-vamped it all…now all I need to get is a new binder and I will be good to go!!…

The rain is coming down in buckets!…thank goodness we only need to venture out a few times a day with our ‘camel bladder dog’….he was  more interested in sleeping than anything else  just plain ‘tuckered’!..resting up for our walk at Mundy Park…in the ‘mud and the muck’…

The sun came out this gorgeous Sunday afternoon so Tucker and I headed over to Lafarge Lake with the camera in hand and went for a stroll around the lake…

IMG_3714IMG_3717IMG_3721IMG_3728IMG_3729IMG_3734

Our Thanksgiving menu for  tonight is as follows.… Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin, mashed potatoes with cheese and green onions  and snow peas and carrots…and Carlie baked a peach and raspberry pie for dessert…should be yummy!!!!

 

october 2010 october 20101

33697_440747747935_502537935_5030588_5309293_n

We wish a very Happy Thanksgiving to ‘all’ of our readers!..hope you have had a great day!!!….so as 10~10~10 draws to a close we are most thankful for our family, friends, health and happiness…Cheers!!

8 comments:

  1. OK now! I was just getting ready to go to bed when I saw your post pop-up. Your food pics look so fantastic I'm hungry now!!! Are you satisfied? You're making a girl go to sleep hungry and thinking about the pork loin and that pie. Sheesh!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you all....even Tucker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you two!!! Your menu and food looks and sounds delicious!! I'm like Margie...it makes me hungry!

    I would never have even noticed the 10-10-10 thing so thanks for the headsup and the info via Neil's post.

    Hope you all have a great week.

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margie and I will be right over for the next meal!! What a wonderful looking pork loin and pie that was!!!
    If we ever get another dog, I want that breed...a Camel Bladder Dog....perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice place to take a walk. Guess you walked off all that great food before you ate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with the others - great looking dinner, even better than Turkey!

    I laughed when I read about your 'budget binder' and not being able to get the budget printed. In buying a new 5'er, we through out the binder, ripped up the budget and deleted all MS Word and Excel files relating to budgets!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any chance you could UPS that peach & raspberry pie to Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy, you really know how to celebrate! What a meal, my mouth is watering.

    Great picture of your Tucker, we had a Golden, too. He left us several years ago and we miss him very much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG that pie looks wonderful...and those mashed potatoes sound yummy. I'm a carb addict.

    Nice profile of Tucker. The red leaves looked so pretty - nice area for a walk.

    ReplyDelete

The ‘Cavalry’ Has Arrived?

May 7-16, 2017 Spring has sprung and the weather that rolls in over the lake is every changing.. This morning, May 16, we woke to a ligh...