Monday, October 25, 2010

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we should dance…..

 

The month of October is almost done: 5 Fridays….5  Saturdays and 5 Sundays..this only happens once in 823 years..it is suppose to be good luck with regards to $$….we all know it has not been good luck in other ways this month…

Every morning when I start up my computer….I go to my email first… then facebook and then my blog roll..this morning I read Rick’s entry with regards to Bruce and Margie…and it made me realize that more than a week has gone by since that tragic day….

I know that one day her picture will be gone as one of my followers…and her blog will disappear from the blogs…

So copying Rick’s idea, I too have added a picture of Bruce and Margie to my blog..it will remain until I am ready to remove it…I enjoy looking at their smiling faces and remember that day we met them  and the wonderful way that they made us feel like we were special to them..little did we know that they were the ones who were special….

rest in peace, Bruce and Margie…

 

now..onto other  things…the rains of fall have arrived..who has the delete button?..and are you willing to share??…

delete-button

we know why this great province we live in is so green!..it is because of all the rain!…we are going to grow webbed feet soon

800px-Larus_smithsonianus_feet1

..or maybe build an ark???imagesCAEGYH59

 

Happy Monday everyone…

9 comments:

  1. You did a terrific job of putting that tribute to Margie on Bruce on your sidebar - it looks just great and it will be a great reminder for all of us.

    Yes, it is the rainy, stormy month of November ahead. Get out your raingear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the webbed feet say it all about the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also copied Rick’s idea, I too have added a picture of Bruce and Margie to my blog as well. I didn't know about that 823 year thing, I do know it has been a great month so far. Take care and stay dry, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. very sweet...

    then cute!

    margie would approve!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue and Doug, I like your tribute to Margie and Bruce. It feels as though months have passed since a week ago. We're having some rain here in Big Sur too but mixed with hours of sunshine. I like the sunshine part. Thanks so much for following and commenting on my blog A Camp Host Housewife's Meanderings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice idea .....As for the web feet....How do those Chinese eat those things..it would be like chewing on a rubber band!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have had lots of rain here in good old Ontario as well... I like the idea of your tribute to Bruce and Margie as well. Judy and I did not have the pleasure of meeting them, but you can get a good feeling for people, simply by reading blogs!

    John
    RVlifeonwheels

    ReplyDelete
  8. On average, October 1st is Friday once every 7 years. That's how often October will have 5 Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.

    ReplyDelete

The ‘Cavalry’ Has Arrived?

May 7-16, 2017 Spring has sprung and the weather that rolls in over the lake is every changing.. This morning, May 16, we woke to a ligh...