Sunday, October 3, 2010

A soft spot….

For those of you  who know me..you know I have a soft spot in my heart for golden retrievers…any news story involving a ‘golden’ has me stopping in my tracks to listen and see what great story a ‘golden’ has created….

In February this year..there was a  horrific story with regards to a ‘golden retriever’ in Maple Ridge..the life this poor ‘boy’ had to endure was reprehensible…it brought tears to my eyes as I thought of my beloved ‘Tucker’ and the great life he has..and then there is this poor boy who has been treated in a way that no dog should have to endure…be prepared if you click on the link…the story does have a happy ending…thank goodness for the kindness of a lovely family in Pitt Meadows..

http://www.spca.bc.ca/support/donate/drtv-trooper-with-jason-priestley/troopers-story.html

Now this past week..there is another story…a blind lady and her seeing eye dog..taking the sky train..(they get on at the same station as me)I am very thankful that I was not on the sky train platform when this happened....well it seems there was a big crowd getting on…the lady got on...the train was very crowded….the dog backed up and was left outside the train as the door closed and it  left the station…the leash broke and the dog was injured..She will be okay but just the thought of seeing this accident happen makes me very sad….

What really makes me sad is the thought of this woman stuck on the skytrain and her dog is being dragged as the train leaves the station..that  and the fact that people getting on the train are in such a hurry that they could not wait until she was inside safely with her dog before they pushed their way into the train..god forbid they don’t get a seat...!!!

Yes,  there is public transit courtesy..and some riders  just don’t get it…wait until the people get off before you ‘bust your way in’..

I am thankful that the well trained ‘golden lab’ will be fine after surgery but this kind of accident should never have happened!..a little common courtesy goes a long way...!!

My soft spot for ‘goldens’ will continue..but my faith in my fellow sky train riders has been tarnished…

5 comments:

  1. I saw this on the Global last night and was shocked. I'm so glad this dog will be OK.I've been worrying about the cost of this poor family's vet bills, on the news they said it could be as much as $30,000. I'm hoping there will be a trust fund set up to help Palm's family pay for Palm's veterinary care.

    BTW, it's nice to see a fellow animal lover on Blogger from the Lower Mainland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible story about Trooper, and the condition he was in. I agree, it makes our Goldens Cody and your Tucker very happy with their home.
    It was a rough story to read, but I am so glad for the happy ending / beginning for Trooper.
    Mike & Gerri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes you thank God for the good health our boys are in, As a Police Officer I sometimes had less compassion for a person that abused an animal than a regular human offender.Be safe out ther and Give Tucker a pet for us. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even watch those spots on TV depicting animal cruelty. They make me sick too. The Global TV story was especially bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love Goldens, too. We lost our 7 year old golden, Cutter, a couple of years ago to unknown causes. Our youngest son was devestated, he was so close to him. Now he has his own Golden, Cooper and he's our favorite "grand dog".

    ReplyDelete

The ‘Cavalry’ Has Arrived?

May 7-16, 2017 Spring has sprung and the weather that rolls in over the lake is every changing.. This morning, May 16, we woke to a ligh...