Sunday, December 12, 2010

post #300

yes..you read correctly this is post number 300..I started this blog in July 2009..and have never looked back until today..I have come a long way..I now have 67 followers..and have received over 1185 comments..not bad for someone with not too much to say!


July 27th 2009 this blog was born…as I look back on my stats..it took a while before I started getting comments..20 posts before I finally got some feed back..and now after 299 posts I look forward to the comments….a bright spot in my day…and I am thankful for each and every one of them.

 

I try really hard to stay focused on the purpose of this blog..our journey to a life on the road..some days I stray from this focus..but this blog is all about the journey to ‘keeping an eye on the prize’..so some weeks it may not seem like this dream will ever come to ‘fruition’ but we are trying hard to stay on the right path..sometimes we may stray …but we always come back to it…we have a plan …we just need to wait for the right time…so thanks for hanging in there with us as we travel towards our dream…life wouldn’t be the same without all of you…


As for my followers..my list has grown..to 67…our dear friend Margie was one of my first…I miss her comments..she was the comment queen!..always saying the right thing..giving us a push in the right direction…I have gone back and read some of her comments and it makes me happy to see her picture with her words of wisdom written beside her photo.


So to all of you readers out there..commenters and non-commenters..thank you for riding along with Bigdawg and Freeway*..we treasure each and every one of you..one day our paths will cross…it will be like meeting an old friend..thanks for being a part of our lives and thank you for letting us take a peek inside yours!

14 comments:

  1. Sue and Doug, your dream will come true someday, and right now isn't so bad, either. I always enjoy reading your blog. Don't underestimate yourself, Sue, you have LOTS to say. You wouldn't have 67 followers if people didn't enjoy reading what you post. Congratulations on your 300th blog and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on Post 300! :) I am almost to my 200th post - I know what you mean about the goal sometimes seeming a long ways off, but sharing the journey with others does seem to help me keep my eye on the "prize" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 300 posts! I wouldn't worry too much about straying off on other topics some times. I've yet to read an RV'ing blog where each post is 100% about rv'ing every day. It's a good thing you have a goal and it won't be long before you're there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Sue and Doug. That is quite the accomplishment. And all of them I have read are well worth the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go on your 300 posts. We know how you feel about the straying off but we will both make it real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on this noteworthy milestone! You're giving yourself a wonderful gift of documenting the process as you pursue your dream. (And we all get to enjoy it, too! Thanks so much!!) You ARE saving it, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see you at the 300 posts mark. It's amazing how they add up so fast. Like you, I worry about my post topics as well but it's all part of this blogging phenonmenon we are all in. I think it is best to worry a bit because is shows consideration for others. And besides, off topics add interest & sometimes much needed variety. Keep up the great blogs because without bloggers none of us would have this much needed & enjoyed online blog home:))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness we wander off our original path occasionally. Variety is the spice of life!

    Say, is that your reflection in one of the ornaments in your new header? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on reaching 300. Variety is the spice of life, so the more topics the better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! 300 posts. That's great. Hope we all can continue to read your blog for many days to come and to one day read that your "prize" has been achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just cowing others are reaching for their dreams encourages me to keep my eye on the"prize."

    Life goes on, and it is the little special things that make blog reading fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved your header collage...Congrats on 300 posts! I am a relatively new blogger too...started ours Xmas Eve, 2009...You and Doug just keep your eye on that prize...We didn't even own an RV until August 2003...ages 63 and 56.....Talk about RV virgins..we were it!!! Keep on bloggin'...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sue and Doug, I was thinking about and talking about Margie today. Her and her husband's unexpected sudden death was such a shock and seems unreal. But I know it is real. I know that her family will be quite sad to be without the two of them this holiday season. Thank you for your friendship. I do look forward to meeting one day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on hitting 300! I'm relatively new, so I don't know if you counted me in the 67. If not, make that 68!

    ReplyDelete

The ‘Cavalry’ Has Arrived?

May 7-16, 2017 Spring has sprung and the weather that rolls in over the lake is every changing.. This morning, May 16, we woke to a ligh...