Tuesday, December 7, 2010

a walk of faith?

Our Saturday mornings are spent watching our two favourite shows..one is

‘The Dog Whisperer’ with Cesar Millan..and the other is ‘Dogtown"’…

this past weekend we took our ‘golden boy’ for a walk along the dykes in Pitt Meadows..a picture perfect day..a blog worthy day as well..the three things seem to go hand in hand..and make us all happy!!!

after our walk we stopped at the store and while I was shopping Doug was perusing the magazines and he came across a magazine..’Cesar’s way’..and inside was the paragraph below.

“Next time you have a sunny day, take your dog out for a long walk, find somewhere you can let him off the leash, and play fetch, or just let him go to work scenting. Try to forget about everything else that’s going on in your life and focus on your dog. You see how totally happy and contented he is? Now ask yourself: When was the last time I felt like that?

Your dog is happy because he is fulfilling the purpose for which he was created: to be a dog. But we humans have let our lives become more complicated, so much so that we can lose sight of our purpose, and when our lives are out of balance, we are unhappy.

To begin putting things right, I believe it would help to go on regular spiritual walks, and our dogs are the perfect companions to show us the way.”

 

how true these sentiments are..we do let our lives become so complicated that we forget our purpose and the simple things..the saying ‘stopping to smell the roses’…seems to come to mind…so now when we have the opportunity to take the ‘walk of faith’ we will appreciate the sights and sounds and smells around us….we just needed a gentle reminder…

IMG_0310_1

I can remember being in Keremeos at Doug’s brother’s this past year and I took a few pictures and he saw them and wondered where we had taken them??..just down the road,  dear brother-in-law....he has lived there since 1999 and never noticed..time for him to slow down too!!..

We can all learn a lesson from our dogs..go for a walk with them and watch what they do… forget all your troubles..find your purpose…live for the moment….putting one foot in front of the other…smell the flowers or take pictures ..what ever your passion is..!!..so take your ‘walk of faith’..we plan to…more often now!

13 comments:

  1. This is a good lesson for all of us, Sue and Doug. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favourite things to do is take Molly and Rylie somewhere where they can run off leash. It's always interesting to watch what each of them does. Good blog and good message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, we know about them walks & they have been a part of our lifestyle for quite awhile. We always search out areas where we can let our dogs run free & just be the dogs they are really meant to be. 'Leash' is a nasty 5 letter word at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great post. Thanks for sharing these beautiful thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know my 'wild child' would love some time off leash, but it is seldom possible. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always felt that we can learn from dogs...They have it all figured out, if we would just let them do what they are born to do..run free. However, too many places you cannot do that anymore...and it's sad...
    Just for the record...I LOVE Cesar Milan...Not only is he spiritual and kind..he is HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good thoughts. I hope part of why we travel is to find that purpose and serenity. I am not sure what our guest dog's purpose is, but she sure seems to enjoy it most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonder thought provoking blog my friend Sue! So inspiring!!

    I think all animals, by their wild nature, have things to teach us if we listen. There was a time I ached to have a dog. (We had them when our sons were growing up) But our lifestyle is more fit for kitties and I could never be without them because I've loved them my entire life.

    Thanks for the beautiful words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue and Doug, I really enjoyed your post today. I love Cesar Millan also. Exercise, Discipline and Affection, in that order. I try to keep that in mind. When I am with Gingee and fully with her, enjoying her joy, it is transforming. My ability to really be with her is my barometer for how well I am doing spiritually. Stay warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a good reminder to see the little things in life not just the big ones. I took our dog, Ozzie for a walk on a very blustery day and then wrote a story about it. It is called 'Walking the Dog, Walking with God."...maybe I will post it as a blog post. I think I will.

    Love the pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the gentle reminder of the bigger things in life. Often those are the things we most often take for granted, and I wonder how many special moments we have missed? We so look forward to taking many, many 'walks of faith' - physically and mentally.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My dog licks his butt. Should I take a lesson from HIM? LMBO!!!

    Nellie
    http://midlifecruiser.blogspot.com
    (36 year old fulltime RVer living la vida loca with a cute-butt husband and a stink-butt dog!)

    ReplyDelete

The ‘Cavalry’ Has Arrived?

May 7-16, 2017 Spring has sprung and the weather that rolls in over the lake is every changing.. This morning, May 16, we woke to a ligh...