Saturday, January 15, 2011

and the winner is……

 

After not even 12 hours of being posted..we can announce the winner of our ‘pay it forward’ contest…

The winner is Rick Doyleeveryone’s favourite ‘go to guy’ for computer issues…Rick will be receiving the ‘much sought after’ red Olympic mittens…we know he will wear them proudly.

What was the answer??? LOST MOOSE LODGE.. in Penticton, BC…you were close Al….on your way to the right answer…but you took too long!!

2009203153449349

What is Lost Moose Lodge?…It is a resort and restaurant on hills  above the town of Penticton, British Columbia..about 45 minutes from Keremeos….

We have been there a few times over the last few years..for birthday and anniversary dinners..(but I have never blogged about it on Bigdawg and Freeway…so for those of you who were looking through previous posts….search engine was the way to go)

resturant2-800x600

It is a perfect place for a special dinner…view of the Penticton Valley..great sunsets…and delicious baron of beef!!

It didn’t take Rick long to figure it out…and here, Doug thought it was too hard!!..

I knew that someone would be smart enough to figure it out!!!

thanks for participating…

12 comments:

  1. I guess Rick really knows about BC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We USAers didn't stand a chance at winning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a feeling it was Rick who won. Next year he'll have to delay his trip south a bit so he can wear the gloves in the cold weather since it'll be too warm where he goes for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Rick! So when is the next contest? I'll pay better attention. Good fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo!! Thanks Sue, I never did get a pair of those mittens during the Olympic games in Vancouver so I'm very, very happy to have won your great contest!

    I'd never heard or seen of the Lost Moose Lodge in Penticton either. I used your Moose pic and the wine on the table to construct a few Google searches and voila! Up popped the Lost Moose Lodge!

    Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No doubt Rick is one smart guy and uses his skills on the computer sharply. I told him I would ask if something like those gloves with the Canadian symbol are available to order since we don't have only a coffee mug with the Canadian symbol on it.I guess I might have to wait until we can visit there to find something.Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It reminds me of one of the Lodges we had lunch in, with our son in Colorado. The name escapes me, but boy, do I remember the prices!! It would have to be a very special occasion for me to eat there again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks as if it was a fun contest... Sorry I missed it!!!
    Congrats to Rick ☺☺☺
    Have fun & Travel Safe
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride...Damn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rick has helped so many of us, he deserves to win.

    ReplyDelete
  11. BOO!! I want a do over! My hands are crying because they don't get to sport those awesome gloves! Rick cheated :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good contest! I must admit I thought it was somewhere you had blogged about so I hit a lot of your old posts looking. Enjoyed the tour, anyway. Judy from Rvlifeonwheels

    ReplyDelete

The ‘Cavalry’ Has Arrived?

May 7-16, 2017 Spring has sprung and the weather that rolls in over the lake is every changing.. This morning, May 16, we woke to a ligh...