Wednesday, January 12, 2011

a chocolate cheerio journey….

 

How long does it take a box of Cheerioes to travel from Gainesville, Virginia to Coquitlam, British Columbia??

IMG_5141

The ‘package’ was mailed on December 22nd, 2010 and it arrived on January 11th, 2011…21 days to travel across the United States and across the border into British Columbia..2,872 miles later…

Fullscreen capture 12012011 81454 PM

IMG_5145

Why did a box of Cheerioes travel all that way??..because I won a contest on paul and marti's blog in December 2010…the contest involved guessing  where a picture was taken and be the first with the correct answer....and the prize was my well travelled CHOCOLATE CHEERIOES!..

IMG_5149

IMG_5151

thank you Paul and Marti for the prize!..and the lovely note!..I can hardly wait to taste them!..tomorrow morning bright and early..they are on the menu for breakfast!!

13 comments:

  1. Way to go Sue! If you are like me, you'll wake up in the middle of the night & tear into the package. Use scissors so you don't end up making a mess like me :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, fellow winners! Enjoy the Chocolate Cheerios!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you could almost have walked down and brought them back in that time. But good thngs are worth waiting for, I'm still stuck with plain special K with no sugar. Be safe out there Sam & Donna..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue. I love the fact that you won a box of Cheerios! By the way, I notice that even your cereal photos are pleasant to look at. You always have excellent pictures.

    John
    relaxedrush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not so much for chocolate cereal...a big Hershey Bar maybe...However..the fact that the Cheerios went cross the country to get to your table, AND it took 3 weeks,that would make me want to NOT eat them...Just display them on a shelf somewhere as the "wandering oats"...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chocolate & Cheerios together... YUM!!! Good for you winning them and I know you'll be enjoying them soon!
    Have fun & Travel Safe
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for reminding me of those! I'll have to look for them next time I'm in a grocery store here in Desert Hot Springs. Chocolate Cheerios - just what I need!! I wonder, do I have to eat those with chocolate milk??

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are in for a treat. I have only bought them once cause I think they can become habit forming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm thinking chocolate milk is the trick to really making them delicious! :) I like regular cheerios, but prefer chocolate rice krispies to the cheerios. Let us know the results of your taste test! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I'm glad the Cheerios finally arrived, can't believe it took that long.

    I was beginning to think they got hijacked by Canadian Customs, I know U.S. Customs would never do that...

    Enjoy! ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had actually been wondering if you'd ever gotten those! Great aren't they??? That makes me want to grab a box for myself tomorrow when we go out to hunt and gather food......

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope those Chocolate Cheerios have preservatives so they are still fresh. Okay...I actually hope they don't have preservatives so that you can pretend they are healthy. ;-0

    ReplyDelete

The ‘Cavalry’ Has Arrived?

May 7-16, 2017 Spring has sprung and the weather that rolls in over the lake is every changing.. This morning, May 16, we woke to a ligh...