Wednesday, April 27, 2011

unconditional love….

 

There are no real words on this sad day in blogville to make the pain go away for Al and  Kelly…

After reading all the comments on their blog the last few days..it has made me realize that what I have always thought…bloggers are ‘animal lovers’….and this week has just confirmed it…

IMG_4161

We have all seen the ‘little face’ of a new ‘four legged friend’…fallen in love with the idea of having a loyal companion..

2010_09_042

But the one down side to this ‘little face’ is the fact that their life is short, in comparison to a human one…they look to us for love, food and shelter and we provide that ‘ten fold’…

Pictures5

They also look to us for that very difficult final decision…the hardest one a ‘pet owner’ ever has to make…if you have not had to make that decision as yet, then consider yourself very lucky…

IMG_3302

We have had to make that decision  twice in our lives..we know our day will come again where the decision will  have to be made again…IMG_4251

But until then we will cherish each moment that our ‘boys’ are with us…never mind the ‘hair on the  ‘fur’niture or the dust bunnies that all the hair creates....or the kitty litter mess..or having to take our ‘golden boy’ to the park in the rain…

It is all part of being a  pet owner..and for that we are grateful…the unconditional love that an animal gives even on a bad day makes everyday a good day…

IMG_5598

‘He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
— Unknown ‘

 

17 comments:

  1. Great post Sue! But I shouldn't have read it this morning - it's too early in the day to be bawling my eyes out. :( I am glad my cats are young and hope I have many years left before we have to be thinking about those kinds of decisions. I too feel so bad for Al and Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For us, giving our two dogs away to new loving homes when we moved from Salt Lake City to DC was bad enough ... I can appreciate how much of a part of the family furkids become.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right, since I retired I would have many dull moments if it weren't for the antics of Rigg's & Sadie around here,The competition for attention just watching them be goof balls sure a slow day go so much faster. And all this for a pat on the head or a tummy rub.Pretty good deal. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said and I loved the poem at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true...

    We had to make that décision 5 times...and after that, we waited 10 years before we got Roxy. It is so hard to let go...we love them so much, they are our kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely well said. I am still so very sad for Al and Kelly. My heart weeps with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well put. Thanks for sharing this with us...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The main reason we bought a 5th wheel was so that we could bring our dogs with us on vacation. We've never regretted that decision.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very well said and I love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful post! My heart just aches for Kelly and Al. Yes, we made that decision with my sweet sweet Molly (18 year old Shih Tzu) just as we were going full-time. It has been a year and half now and I still think of her every day and miss her with all my heart. It is the greatest act of love there is.....BUT it hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful posting. All very true! I've never trusted people who aren't sensitive or generous enough to share their lives with a 'furkid'. I love my cat's purring & cuddling, but also have to have that total unconditional adoration from a dog too. I hope Al & Kelly get thru their sudden losses. Maybe they'll get another dog as company for MotorMouse.
    ~~ Glenda ~~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very well said, Sue. My heart aches for Al and Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been petless for more than a year now. I've had to make the decision so many times. The last two were more than I want to bear again.

    I feel so bad for Al and Kelly. It is a hard time.

    ReplyDelete

The ‘Cavalry’ Has Arrived?

May 7-16, 2017 Spring has sprung and the weather that rolls in over the lake is every changing.. This morning, May 16, we woke to a ligh...