Saturday, April 30, 2011

Westward ho….

 

Fullscreen capture 16042011 64345 PM

where are we going so darn early?..up at 430 am on a Saturday!!.. in time to catch the 630 am ferry to Nanaimo??..who is across  the water and up the road a few miles????

We are off to meet two blogging buddies..Doug has asked me if I am nervous about meeting someone we have never met before?..

In the old days..I would never be able to do this…but at this point in my life, I feel like we are going to meet friends that we already know…

I use to be  one of those ones at a party who didn’t do well if I didn’t know anyone.. I wasn’t able to make idle chit chat..just didn’t feel comfortable enough with myself to carry on a conversation with strangers..

Doug on the other hand can talk to anyone about anything..and for that I am thankful..He has been the saving grace on many occasions…

But things are different now…

Blogs are the ‘window’ into someone’s life and  thoughts…you make friends with bloggers and readers before you even meet them….

Cowichan Bay on Vancouver Island  and the home of Rick and Paulette is our destination on this Saturday morning….we are looking forward to meeting these ‘new friend’s…stay tuned ..you know it’s going to be a ‘double blog worthy trip!’

14 comments:

  1. Have fun ... I'm still a recluse at heart, finding the written word easier to share than the spoken one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think Rick will be getting up at 4:30 to prepare for your arrival?? :) Have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you will do fine and have fun with Rick and Paulette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a fun day! Like you, I've always struggled with small talk. But like you said, blogs help us learn so much about others that we feel like we already know them. At least you know you have lots in common! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys have a safe trip and enjoy meeting Rick & Paulette. It will be a fun day for all four of you. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. See you shortly - it's 7:25am now, and no Judy, I did not get up at 4:30am to prepare!! Yeegads!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! I'm sure you will all enjoy meeting and visiting. And you'll get to see the pond in person. And the Mutzos. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun!!! I agree - these people are already friends and you are going to be amazed how rapidly the time is going to fly as you find a million things to talk about. Looking forward to hearing all about your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. as I said on Ricks blog:

    I'm so jealous... have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that you four have had a fantastic time together. It's really quite wonderful how when bloggers are geographically close to one another, they often meet up. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun... meeting Rick & Paulette! Tell them hi from us. Hey you did great meeting all of us and you would neer know yoou have a hard time with chit chat. We had a great time with you both!
    Have fun & travel safe
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that sounds like fun. I can certainly relate to your reluctance to meet new people. I find it hard to make idle chit-chat as well...that's why I write. So much easier to write than to talk! We have met two blogger buddies so far and it has been like they were old friends. I hope it is that way with you guys and Rick and Paulette. Cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have fun. I have met several other bloggers and enjoyed every visit. It makes reading their blogs even more fun in the future.

    Rick seems like a really nice guy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What out for that Rick guy... before you know it he will have you hiking up some canyon!

    ReplyDelete

The ‘Cavalry’ Has Arrived?

May 7-16, 2017 Spring has sprung and the weather that rolls in over the lake is every changing.. This morning, May 16, we woke to a ligh...