Monday, April 25, 2011

where has the time gone??

 

my friend, Robbie tagged me in this photo today on Facebook..this was October 16th, 1985..the day after our daughter Carlie was born..and two days after Robbie’s third son, Steven was born…

216328_212391048780675_100000293456015_798177_4419895_n

222691_212391245447322_100000293456015_798180_7336720_n

The Dad’s look so young and full of hair??..this photo was taken about four blocks from where we live now..our life has gone full circle…(Steven is the one crying and Carlie is the quiet one)….

We were all so young and naive..if only we knew then what we know now..how different would life have been???

fast forward those 25 years and here we sit…now looking forward to the next stage of our life…we are still naive..just older….filled with  hopes,  dreams and doubts..we may not be wiser..but we have learned from our mistakes..and there have been many of them…too many to think about …learn and move on..is our motto…

through the years we have annoyed more than one person in our lives..but life goes on…the relationships may never be the same..but life is  a learning curve…we may not be at the ‘head of the class’ but we are learning and growing from each experience…

I will admit to being the obsessive one..the planner…the one who figures things out..and hopes that it will all work out..it looks good on paper but then reality hits and it doesn’t work out as planned…life is full of disappointments..but we still pick ourselves  up and move on…

Will our dream come to be?…we can hope..one day at a time..our jobs provide us with the financial security to live our daily lives..but what about after our working days are done?..how much $$ is enough??..just depends on how we want to live??

We have said more than once to each other..that we have made some big errors in our life…if only we could get those last 25 years back and do things differently..but that is not to be…

Learn and move on..once the words are spoken you can’t take it back..same goes for the ‘almighty dollar’!!..once it is spent that is it..

There is no turning back the clock..just looking forward for us now…we may wonder where the time has gone..but we are looking forward to the time ahead…

our dream may seem out of reach most  days..but we will  forge ahead and some way some how it will all come together…

 

19 comments:

  1. Your words echo what I feel most of the time. Well said. Except that we have waited far longer, and I hope it will not be to late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I found these photos today, I couldn't get over how young we looked and thinking how we thought knew it all....we may not look so young now but at least we now know that we don't know it all.
    It feels like it was yesterday that these photos were taken and before you know it, we'll be looking at photos from now thinking how young we looked and wondering where has the time gone........

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have all made mistakes, and most of us have spent far too much money, which should have been saved. But we'll be okay. I don't want much nowadays, don't need much to be happy, I'm probably happier than when I wanted/needed much more. I think getting older (60's) is such a nice, easy time. At least for me. I look forward to living frugally and enjoying life more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a thought provoking and moving post. You have a good attitude about things that cannot be changed. Learning, growing, moving on...that's all we can do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like Steven is the one who didn't want his picture taken 25 years ago! Just think, if we all hadn't made mistakes through the years, we would't be fit to live with because we would be too doggone smug and prideful, and probably not nearly as smart as we are now because of past mistakes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. True - a lot of money was wasted during our working years and it sure would be nice to have it now. But learning to live with less (a whole lot less) is teaching me a lot of lessons that I wish I could pass on to my child. I'd pass but I don't think he'd be willing to catch yet. With gas prices, lives will be changing even more. But it's still better than working.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very reflective post! We grow, we change, we dream and always move forward. Your dreams will come true and all your experiences will bring you to that moment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you once again for a post from the heart. Appreciate your honesty & courage to write how you think. Good for you:))

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is fun to look back and view the road we have travelled... but I find the unknown road ahead a lot of fun as well... even if there are a few doubts...

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I think of some of the tragedys that have touched so many around us, I really feel blessed. Mistakes??...oh, yeah...TONS of them...But I guess that's how we learn, as you said. I love what Den's 87 year old Uncle Jr. says.."Everyday I get up, I look in the mirror, and say "Hello Lucky"...Boy is that ever true!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very well said I think most of us feel the same way. There are no take backs in life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not only is the past full of our mistakes, it's usually full of good decisions we've made as well. Otherwise, we wouldn't be in the position we are today and we certainly wouldn't be blogging about it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wonder if we would really want to be able to have do over's? The mistakes we have all made are part of what and who we are now, and if we could do over the mistakes, we might find that our life was not better now, only different, or even not as good.

    As to how much $$ is enough, the other side of that is if you work longer to get more, you will have less time to do the other things on the bucket list. More choices we have to make.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The life journey we all go on is kind of like the words to this song by John Michael Montgomery:


    The longer I live the more I believe
    You do have to give if you wanna recieve
    There's a time to listen, a time to talk
    And you might have to crawl even after you walk
    Had sure things blow up in my face
    Seen the longshot, win the race
    Been knocked down by the slamming door
    Picked myself up and came back for more

    Life's a dance you learn as you go
    Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow
    Don't worry about what you don't know
    Life's a dance you learn as you go

    Life's a dance you learn as you go
    Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow
    Don't worry about what you don't know
    Life's a dance you learn as you go
    Life's a dance you learn as you go
    Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow
    Don't worry about what you don't know
    Life's a dance you learn as you go

    Life's a dance
    Life's a dance
    Life's a dance
    Take a chance on love
    Life's a dance
    You learn as you go

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very well put. Great post Sue; thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting thought-provoking post. I sure wish I hadn't spent so much in years gone by on "stuff" that I "wanted" but didn't "need". But too late for that now. The best part of being full-time is actually just being retired and no under the stress of working. Somehow the money works out - you learn to live with less i.e. just what you "need". Good luck to you in your plans and dreams. Just be thankful if you have good health - everything else will take care of itself somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post. As you know, I'm struggling with many of the same feelings. But you are so right...we just have to keep pushing forward. We have to keep dreaming. What would life be like without dreams? I will keep many of your words in my mind as I fight my own demons. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and expressing them in such perfect words.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very thought provoking! I think I give mistakes I have made too much importance and allow thoughts of them to occupy too much of my time. I know there have been just as many, if not more, good times in my life.

    After reading your post I made a promise to myself to think about the good things each time the bad things try to take control. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like your thinking because I been there,,,Now I'm thinging about the next part....I have learned not to worry about it and what will be, will be !! God leads,,we follow. You will be fine....just don't sweat it...have fun and ENJOY!!

    ReplyDelete

The ‘Cavalry’ Has Arrived?

May 7-16, 2017 Spring has sprung and the weather that rolls in over the lake is every changing.. This morning, May 16, we woke to a ligh...