Thursday, August 25, 2011

and so begins…

 

the next thirty years…

2011_08_24

thirty years ago today  we were on our honeymoon…Harrison Hot Springs…

2010115211540235[2]

2010115211558117_thumb

are we still on our ‘honeymoon?’…no…

’I didn't marry you because you were perfect. I didn't even
marry you because I loved you. I married you because you
gave me a promise. That promise made up for your faults.
And the promise I gave you made up for mine. Two imperfect
people got married and it was the promise that made the marriage.
And when our child was growing up, it wasn't a house that
protected them; and it wasn't our love that protected her - it was that
promise.
Thornton Wilder, The Skin of Our Teeth’

the word compromise seems to come to mind..

‘settlement of differences by mutual concessions; an agreement reached by adjustment of conflicting or opposing claims, principles, etc., by reciprocal modification of demands.’

294860_10150344723791480_559591479_10107151_6725301_n

may as well laugh..no point over  ‘crying over spilled milk’

We are looking forward..life hasn’t been  easy for us..we cannot change the past but we can change the future….

So as my vacation for 2011 is drawing to a close…another year begins…

To me, September has always been a fresh start..never mind January…

I will  trudge off to work next Tuesday..and begin the ‘circle of the working life’ once again…

so for the next thirty years?..

think I’ll take a moment, celebrate my age
The ending of an era and the turning of a page
Now it’s time to focus in on where I go from here
Lord have mercy on my next thirty years
Hey my next thirty years I’m gonna have some fun
Try to forget about all the crazy things I’ve done
Maybe now I’ve conquered all my adolescent fears
And I’ll do it better in my next thirty years….’

22 comments:

  1. Yeah - I get to be the first blogger to say "Happy Anniversary!!"

    Here's wishing you the best in the next 30 years!

    Tom & Marci

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this, Sue, I am going to send it to my daughter, who has been married just a few years, and of course it's not perfect. Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, and again, Happy Anniversary you two!

    This was a wonderful post, Sue. You know how to pull at the old heart strings, don't you!

    Sorry your vacation is over...but I know you will still be having fun doing the things you love to do.

    Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary and my wish is that your next 30 years will be happy and healthy for both of you. Hope you can enjoy many RV trips in the years ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary and here's to the next thirty!! What a uplifting...great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that Thornton Wilder quote! Thanks for sharing. May the next thirty years be the best ever. Loved the header photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on your first 30 years...cheers to a great 30 more :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun with the next 30... Isn't that a long time with one person!!!!! LOL LOL Just kidding you know we've been married 42 years lol
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Wilder quote. Congratulations and here's to the next 30 ... may it be even better than the first 30.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations ! We are just one year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are 42 this November...Let me say that the last 30 are not the same as the first 30. They are just different. It's more about companionship, trust and enjoying each other more...We are now "short-timers", and every year is a huge PLUS!! Enjoy you next 30...and laugh and hug often..Laugh till the snot runs out of your nose..I LOVE that!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice picture. Darn good photographer, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary to two special people!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was really sweet!! Hope you had a grand anniversary celebration!!!

    Sorry you have to go back to work ~ but the sooner you get it over with, the sooner you can retire and full time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the picture of you both with the great big smiles! You sure are having fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulation.... and here is to the next 30 years! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations, with your positive attitudes, it can only get better.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Anniversary! Sorry it's late but I've been too busy to do much blog reading. Hope you guys had a great time!

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete

The ‘Cavalry’ Has Arrived?

May 7-16, 2017 Spring has sprung and the weather that rolls in over the lake is every changing.. This morning, May 16, we woke to a ligh...