Tuesday, August 2, 2011

a day filled with ‘squishin’

 

Today was my annual ‘squishin’ session…now if you have had one you know what I am talking about…there are many ways to   prepare for this annual squishin’..

  • Open your refrigerator door and insert one breast in door.
    Shut as hard as possible and lean on the door for good measure.
    Hold that position for five seconds.
    Repeat again in case the first time wasn't effective enough..

 

  • Visit your garage at 3 AM when the temperature of the cement floor is just perfect.
    Take off all your clothes and lie comfortably on the floor with one breast wedged under the rear tire of the car.
    Ask a friend to slowly back the car up until your breast is sufficiently flattened and chilled.
    Turn over and repeat with the other breast…

 

  • Freeze two metal bookends over night.
    Strip to the waist.
    Invite a stranger into the room.
    Press the bookends against one of your breasts.
    Smash the bookends together as hard as you can.
    Set up an appointment with the stranger to meet next year and do it again…

Did I do any of these preparations?….nope..just ‘bit the bullet’ and went..we all know how important this yearly test is…so please go have one if you haven’t in a while……

Now my second squishin’ was trying to squish the  ‘Canadian Prize Pack’ into the tightest packaging I could…

It is going on a road trip tomorrow..via Canada Post…2781 miles to the home of Mike and Gerri Jones…in LaGrange, Georgia…

Fullscreen capture 02082011 62127 PM

it will be interesting to see how long it will take…

IMG_6912

what is in the ‘squishy package’…… we will let Mike and Gerri tell everyone when it arrives!!!..wouldn’t want to spoil the surprise!!

19 comments:

  1. Okay, so I start to read and wonder to myself what the heck you're talking about when I read the second paragraph and bust out laughing. My wife, who knows I often get weird funny stuff via email asked if I was going to be able to read it to her....I did...We laughed some more....She does it annually, hates it, but sees the obvious need.
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess Anneke would have caught on quicker, but I got it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is next week Tuesday. I read your blog to my husband, and he reminded me that it has all been well worth it. Three years ago they found a very small cancer, removed it and I'm still alive and have both my breasts for him to fondle.

    I don't look forward to it, but I will do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that's over for you once again.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the first time in a decade I am behind on getting my annual mamo. I am writing it on my calendar now to get one scheduled for as soon as I can after I return from the road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also wouldn't miss my 'annual squishin' !! But now that I'm travelling and in a different Province I have to figure out where to go as it's due now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just yesterday I made an appointment for my wife to go get squished on Monday morning. I end up making the appointment, since I speak the lingo. (rolls eyes)
    We all have a cross to bear.
    So yes, I KNEW immediately what you were talking about. Funny, that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny. Mine's scheduled for the middle of the month. Not sure I can handle all the "fun".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha - had mine a few weeks ago. But I still didn't get it until I started to read the "prep examples" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect descriptions :-))))))) I'll be going for my annual squishin' in October.

    ReplyDelete
  11. At least our "squisher" puts a heating pad on the squish device before putting "the girls" in the vice!! But...I never miss this yearly session of squishing..Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I laughed until I cried!! Yep, you got it right girl....squishin' session!! Mine is due in October so I have a couple months to prep!!

    We are so excited and can't wait to get our surprise package. I'll let you know the very minute it arrives!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hilarious! And it's a true story!

    I just hate it when the tech says "Hold that - as I grit my teeth from pain - and then she acts if she can tighten it further".

    But the worst part is when they want to do a re-do of a certain area - then you get to worry for at least a week to see if something shows up. (Breast Cancer Survivor of 15 years - but still worry)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful description! I always think it's funny when they say hold your breathe. Like you could breath anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. well what can I say,,,,? maybe some pictures would have been good!!???? I was trying to vision it all in my head...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yup you described it perfectly !!! I really do hate going but it is a necessary evil. As a matter of fact, I have an appointment this Friday for my annual squish !!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfect description and funny...expect it was too true :)

    I think guys should have to go through something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Silly girl!!! Personally, I have never found 'em to be all that bad... other than the indignity of it all...

    ReplyDelete

The ‘Cavalry’ Has Arrived?

May 7-16, 2017 Spring has sprung and the weather that rolls in over the lake is every changing.. This morning, May 16, we woke to a ligh...