Thursday, August 11, 2011

is it a sign?

 

life is full of signs..

stop signs..

stop sign

yield signs..

Yield

all of them telling us which way to go…

No_Left_Turn

and how to get there…

merge_sign_poster-p228581162200317254tdcp_400

don’t stop here…

600px-No_Parking_symbol_sign_svg

well maybe for a second..

street-signs

it is a wonder we know which way to go?..

IMG_6979

Now we have been known to take pictures of  signs..

from Keremeos.IMG_2056[10]

IMG_2057[3]

to  Nelson, British Columbia..

2010_08_24[3]

to Kaslo…

2010_08_238

to Whistler….

2010_08_264

east to Jones Lake…

2010_09_04

and then south to Anacortes..2010_10_211

to Friday Harbour, San Juan Islands..

2010_10_222

and east again to Manning Park in the winter..

2010_12_243

and then to Pender Harbour….

2011_01_231

don’t ask why we do this…maybe we  looking for somewhere?……2011_07_072011_08_051

or where we have been…

2011_07_092

so life is full of signs..stop and read a few….

IMG_7022

…you may be surprised at what some of them say as they guide us through life..

IMG_2708[4]

Life is a journey..no matter how long it takes to get where you want to be….

IMG_30294

but the favourite sign by far..is the one in our hallway as we come in the door..

IMG_7021

23 comments:

  1. Great post. Thoroughly enjoyed your life signs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the thoughts on signs and how we are their affect on us. I guess it is a "sign" of the times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am working on avoiding the one that says: "The End" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me of Bill Engals "Here's your sign" routine...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good post about signs. I like to take pictures of signs, too. Sign pictures remind me of where we've been more than pictures of flowers and wildlife do. I LOVE your Happy Camper sign! I want one!!

    We had a little sign in our last RV that said, "Happy are we who travel by RV". But it was attached to the wall and we couldn't remove it. I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, great post, Sue. Signs are so colorful and always interesting. I like your last one a lot.

    There's one more that says..."If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" :))

    Then, there's the one that Donna put up over my side of the bed...."Sometimes I wake up grumpy, and sometimes I let him sleep".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post and great thoughts...loved it. We take pictures of signs, otherwise we would never remember where we have been. We had the same sign as Carol in our last RV...left it in the rig when we sold it as I SWORE we would NEVER have another RV!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My inlaws had a great sign hanging in their kitchen that read:

    "Behind every great man stands a woman...telling him that he's wrong!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! I saw a little sign like that camper one in Crescent City!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sign on our house reads ...

    Here lives an old fisherman and the best catch of his life !

    I like that one. Hey, wait a minute...I am that one !


    Crazy Legs Al.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it is a sign of the times I am signing in rhymes to say I am enjoying your signs these many times:))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog reminds me of one of my favourite songs..."and the sign said, long haired freaky people, need not apply..."

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved your signs from all of your travels!
    I love to catch the mis-spelled ones, like some in Canada!
    You guys spell things different up there! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a fun post ... I'm a sign photographer too ... some because I like it or there's something unique about it or the way something has been worded is odd ... like the one off a San Diego Freeway that says "Cruisehips - take this exit."

    ReplyDelete
  15. GREAT post, GREAT photos, GREAT collection of signs and especially the Happy Camper sign! LOVED it!
    Have fun
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love, love, love your post today. I especially like your last sign too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the "life is a journey...no matter how long it takes to get where you want to be." It sounds so appropriate for RVrs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sue, Just had a chance to catch up with your blog. We've been without internet a lot this summer and I feel so behind and disconnected with the blogs I follow. Anyway, sounds like you've had a good summer and a great visit with Gordon and Juanita. Have fun in your new pop-up camper. We loved ours.
    Hugs,
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  19. What would we do without all the signs in our life telling us what to do and where to go. Great post. Like your Happy Campers sign!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I guess this was a very popular post! I can see why, I loved it too!

    ReplyDelete

The ‘Cavalry’ Has Arrived?

May 7-16, 2017 Spring has sprung and the weather that rolls in over the lake is every changing.. This morning, May 16, we woke to a ligh...