Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Some day…

 

Nobody is perfect..if you think you are then you are lying to yourself…just try and be a good /wife/ /mother/daughter/ friend...do your best even when it feels like it isn’t good enough…

IMG_6706

Some days I bite off more than I can chew..some days I say or write  things that I shouldn’t have…some days I get nothing done…or wonder where the day went and the ‘to do’ list is still long…

IMG_6718

Some days I feel like I offended someone and I don’t even know what I did????

IMG_5797

Some days it just isn’t worth getting out of bed..nothing goes right..only left!!

IMG_5512_1

The old ‘open mouth insert foot’ addage seems to fit some days…open wider and put the other one in too, while I am at it…

IMG_6012_1

I may do things that no one understands but me..but that’s how it goes….I can’t please all the people all the time…

IMG_6047

As long as I can look at myself  in the mirror at the end of the day and be happy with who is looking back at me  then I  know I have had a good day….

IMG_6139

‘I may not be someone's first choice,but I am a great choice.I may not be rich but I am valuable.I don't pretend to be someone I'm not because I'm good at being me,I might not be proud of some of the things I've done in the past but I am proud of who I am today.I may not be perfect but I don't need to be. Take me as I am or watch me walk away’

IMG_6140

This pretty much sums it up!…

IMG_6236

Tomorrow is a new day…the sun will rise…and I will look forward..can’t look back…once the word has been said or written it can’t be taken back..

IMG_6270

Sure glad that today wasn’t a ‘some day’!!

IMG_6256

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful post - and a great reminder. Loved the photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, you are a real keeper! I'm certainly happy that you feel good about yourself...that's a hard place to get to...but it's worth it!!

    Very nice post today, and the photos were great! Thanks for all the pictures of the kitty on your previous post. (I still like Tucker best...sorry all you cat lovers out there!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I hated watching you walk and then drive away..... if that says anything for ya!!!

    So, as Mary Englebreit so eloquently put on a tee-shirt "Snap Out of It!!"... cause the important people love you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said, Sue. Sometimes it's hard to be ourselves and to be happy with ourselves, but in the long run, it's all we can do. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I might not be proud of some of the things I've done in the past but I am proud of who I am today."

    I am so glad most people don't know the "old" me. I am trying to be a much better person thn I as in my younger years.

    Nicer, Kinder, more understanding, more giving, more tolerant. If i can be what I want to be, you will like me and I will like myself. It just too 60+ years to get here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I sure know how your feeling & what you are saying about all those things. It takes courage to admit one's mistakes, character defects & shortcomings. Don't you just wish all people were able to do that. I think our world would be a much better place.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. We think you do a pretty darn good job of being you, A great wife, Mother, Friend, all of those things you want to be, just be our friend too. Be safe out there , Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos and words Sue! While I don’t know you personally, I know that I like you. Great post!

    John
    relaxedrush.blogspot.com
    connectedtothevinephotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! This was such a great post and photos. It was like you were reading my feelings. I would never let you walk away!!! I may be stealing some of this!!!
    {{{HUGS}}} my friend!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well said Sue! Sure do love the great pictures you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful post. And so very very true. I'm just grateful that most people are so forgiving. Because I need forgiveness often. Sure am glad your blog is on my list to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know how to touch the heart. Beautiful thoughts in your post, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sue, this was truly lovely. Thank your for the words and photos, so inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We can aspire to be perfect ... but perfection is simply not attainable. The sooner we realize that, the happier we are. We can only be true to our own beliefs and hope that others accept us, flawed though we might be.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Being you is all you can do and the realization of just being you is even better. God created you and there is no other you anywhere. Loved the photos and the thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Who we are is the sum of AL of the stuff we say and do. I know many times when I have crossed the line, and regret it....But, you know what?..as I get older I learn more and more not to compare myself nor my life to others..nor do I worry so much what they think. WE IS WHO WE IS!...and...they crucified the only Perfect One..eh?
    Great blog, girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wonderful words!! you have a way of making any post a joy to read, no matter what you're talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank goodness most of us are not the same person we were twenty years ago...speaking for myself, for sure. I continue each day to become a better person and each day I find more peace.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good thoughts today. I think most of us have these thoughts on a regular basis. That is a good thing, as it helps to keep our feet on the ground:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I got pulled in by the first picture and then couldn't leave because of all the wonderful words you wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  21. great post...love it...such honesty...
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  22. No truer words have been said. Love the post, thanks!

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete

The ‘Cavalry’ Has Arrived?

May 7-16, 2017 Spring has sprung and the weather that rolls in over the lake is every changing.. This morning, May 16, we woke to a ligh...