Sunday, October 9, 2011

Turkey Day….

 

Can we possibly eat more food today?..after the huge dinner last night……time for more food again….

Today it is Thanksgiving after all…

more food prep time spent in the kitchen…

first off..was the still slightly frozen turkey..

IMG_7248

just a little one …enough for three of us??

IMG_7249

Time for a swim..Mr.Turkey…ice cold swimming pool for you..that’s what you get for not being thawed..head first you go…

IMG_7251

what else is on the menu?…

The usual items…

homemade cranberry sauce..

IMG_7253

bread stuffing with celery, onion and italian sausage..

2011_10_09

and the token…mashed potatoes and peas and carrots…don’t forget the gravy…

2011_10_091

Mr. Turkey heading into the  oven…time for a ‘sunny vacation’..next time you see this ‘bird’..he will be a ‘golden brown’

IMG_7258

since food is the theme this weekend..Carlie’s contribution to dinner is…

parmesan cheese pinwheels..

IMG_7262

 

and pumpkin moon-pies for dessert..

IMG_7261

 

and the fact that she is bringing her friend Dana for dinner…break out the good china once again…

IMG_7259

 

I think I should be working for the ‘food network’…just a ‘foodie weekend’…

the ‘vacationing turkey’ has returned…a nice golden brown…

IMG_7260

finally it is dinner time…all this work in the kitchen  today..but  it was so worth it in the end….

IMG_7264

 IMG_7263

why was it worth it?..because now there is enough leftovers for the next two nights..

…bloatin’ nappin’ time…when I wake up from the food coma I will be back… 

31 comments:

  1. That looks soooo good! I want a plate, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh shoot! I made a really witty comment (NOT!) and then it blipped out and said conflicting edits so I think Google gobbled it up. Anyway - forget my silly comment and just enjoy your day. Food looks yummy and I hope you all enjoyed it. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...the biggest question is...what did Tucker get to eat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Russ...Tucker got dog kibble..no Turkey for our boy!..can you say bad gas..upset tummy and the 'trots'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I never heard of pumpkin moon pies, but they looked good. Good thing we had oven baked chicken with mashed potatoes and gray or I would really be wishing I ate at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it all looked so yummy. Love your humor...but the turkey probably didn't appreciate it. Everything looked so good it ALMOST makes me want to cook instead of eating out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow everything looked so yummy...
    Happy Thanksgiving!!!
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving, Boy the dinner looked great, Hope the Tuckster got just a small piece of white meat, we usually let Rigg's have just a little , only on Thanksgiving. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could I have a "meals on wheels" delivery, Please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with Judy, meal delivery please from all our Canadian friends! Looks like a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bad gas, upset tummy and the "trots" ..I think that's what McGuyver and I get from Thanksgiving dinner...but it's soooo worth it. Maybe WE should switch to kibbles. Love your condo...That's what we would have if I could get Dennis to move!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't even had breakfast yet this morning and already I want a turkey dinner. How wonderful it all looks. And to be able to use the good china again. Wow. Happy Thanksgiving you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great looking turkey! You dinner looked terrific and I'm betting it tasted even better!

    Leftover day now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Which one is Carlie? Blonde or brunette?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pumpkin Moon Pies! That was not very nice of you to post a picture of them! (Drool!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything looks great. I always purchased a fresh turkey, cost a little more, but didn't have to worry about defrosting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks wonderful! But no sweet potatoes with "gunky stuff" as the Hubs calls it??? And we usually have corn...

    Sure would have been fun to be there!!

    ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  18. OK. Everyone has roasted their turkey....but today we get to roast ours and enjoy the fruits of that labour with good friends this evening - Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, that food looks so good. No turkey for us but I am enjoying everyone else's on the blog roll. Think that is I am am seeing today. I think I am getting hungry! Looks like such a wonderful meal and so nice to spend it with great company. Happy Thanksgiving.

    Kevin and Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow... what a great looking dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That turkey got a really nice tan ... and no tan lines I see :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love them Pumpkin moon pies.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Everything looks so good. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow that looks so delish! I am so jealous!!!

    We are new followers of your blog and look forward to getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh. My. Goodness! My mouth is watering...can you FedEx me a carryout, please? :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. My theory is you can never have to much turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks delicious -- I love Thanksgiving -- can't wait until ours gets here!

    ReplyDelete

The ‘Cavalry’ Has Arrived?

May 7-16, 2017 Spring has sprung and the weather that rolls in over the lake is every changing.. This morning, May 16, we woke to a ligh...