The wheels on the bus go round and round..and take me to work….don’t be late because the bus waits for no one!!
for a nominal fee of $3.75 or $31 if you purchase a book of ten fare savers…
The bus ride portion of my ride is about a half hour..and this morning as I was riding I noticed something…
There are what seems to be some ‘common items’ that transit users bring along…
a travel mug..to keep that second cup of coffee nice and hot..and a no spill mug is a must!
a music playing device to ward off any unwanted conversations from fellow riders…..
and then of course there is the trusty cell phone that no transit rider is without..you just never know if the bus is going to be late..or there could be an emergency text message that needs to be sent..
a backpack to hold all the items you need to bring along..
a small collapsible umbrella..in case it rains..after all we don’t call this the ‘wet coast’ for nothing..
and then there is the free 24 hours daily newspaper….I for one, like doing the crossword..good exercise for the brain…have to ward off Alzheimer’s somehow..
so there you have the top six items that most transit riders have…
Now onto the etiquette of riding public transit…
Taking transit means sharing space ..some days it is like riding in a sardine can..so please use some common sense..and deodorant!
- Courtesy seats …closest to the doors are for the elderly, handicapped and mother’s with strollers.
- Move to the back of the bus so others can get on.
- Please have your fare ready before you board the bus.
- your backpack does not need a seat nor do your feet.
- if your personal audio device can be heard by the other riders it is too loud.
- if you are going to use your cell phone..please speak quietly..the rest of us really don’t care about what you did last night!!
- remove your backpack before getting on the bus so you don’t hit other passengers with it as you move down the aisle.
- keep the doorways clear so others can get on and off.
so there you have it folks..life of a transit user…just a few simple etiquette rules to make life easier for all who use the transit system..
aren’t you glad you ride the bus???
This is my stop….Sapperton Station…thanks for riding along and obeying the rules..
have a nice day…see you next time..