Sunday, November 6, 2011

I am DONE!!!

 

What am I done?…. working?.. dinner?..housework?…dishes?..

laundry?..groceries?…NO!?..

Well, I am done..doing the task of transferring all of the ‘trip journal entries’..pictures included to this blog…

and here I thought it would take forever…

not me?..only 79 entries needed to be transferred..I had figured it would take me a few months to sit down and get this job done..but nope..my

OCD kicked in…and I managed to finish this in less than two weeks…

Now those of you who still use trip journal website  may wonder why?..well..for me, personally it was the cost of using the website..and the lack of ‘traffic’ and  lack of interaction..  

I had created three separate journals…79 posts…less than 2000 visits and the big one for me was the fact that there were only 23, yes 23 comments..

Screen Captures1

….we all came from somewhere and these entries are just a small  peek into the history  of Bigdawg and Freeway…

It was a bittersweet trip down memory lane as I re-read the entries and looked at all the pictures from our past travels…

Even reading the previous entries on this blog seems strange..so many posts and so many thoughts written down..the style has changed and the thought process along with it…

A lot of time has been spent keeping this blog alive..I never realized until I started going back to the beginning..

It makes me wonder if I only had the trip journal would I still be documenting our lives?..or would it be ‘dead in the water’??..

the blog stats speak for themselves…

526 posts

52565 views

132 followers

and 3809 comments..

I find it hard to believe that I actually have that much to say…and that people actually read it?

We have visited many places in the last three years..I cannot even imagine how many miles we have travelled?..how many gallons of fuel? and how many pictures we have taken??

But completing this task has just cemented for us..how much the love of exploring this great country we live in is what we really want to do..

a new view out the windshield..feeling the warm ocean breezes..the desert, the palm trees,  the mountains, and the canyons..one day…this dream will come true..

So for now..we are ‘keeping an eye on the prize’…blogging forward..one post at a time…

thanks for being there every ‘step of the way’

One day you will be able to say ‘I knew Bigdawg and Freeway  in the beginning’!!

 

 

15 comments:

  1. Good thoughts. The blog is a great way to document the adventure. I have never kept a diary and resisted doing the blog, but I am very glad now that I have. I have not really looked at stats, but I think I saw last time I posted I was in the low 600 on posts. As for pictures I know for sure that I have way to many:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that I started my blog as well. I think it keeps us motivated - plus I can look back and see how far we have come in 3 or 6 or 9 months. Whereas if I was just thinking back without the blog, all the specific details would be lost. :) (I can't remember what I had a few days ago for dinner. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on getting that task accomplished. I'm looking forward to rereading those posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on getting that task complete. Now you have all your posts on the same blog. I bet it was a trip down memory lane going back and re-posting that information. We will be looking back at them.
    Take care and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I documented the first few years of my journey in a word document. It's several hundred pages long. I like using the blog method better because of the pictures and the interaction with readers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo hoo congrats!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. you inspire me to do the same with my trip journals. Should have some time this winter. Although I have just stated the blogging thing I already enjoy it more than the trip journaling and feel I am finding many more kindred sprits out there than I ever did before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you decided to come over to blogspot. I have so much trouble following and commenting over in tripjournal. It just takes too much time. Congrats on getting that huge task out of the way. I, too, love going back to read my blog so I can relive some of those great times we've had.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never seen the journal website. Where is it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah! Glad it went much faster then you thought and now you can focus on writing your wonderful posts for us all to enjoy :) I am glad I started with blogger and don't have to go through that! Yeah to you and your speedy accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice job, Sue. I just finished reading your 2008 blog posts. I'm impressed that you were able to include pictures from the beginning. I started my blog in April, 2009, but I didn't include pictures until nine months later.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a great blog and so much easier to bring up then on journal. It's neat to go back to 2006 when I started our blog. It's come in handy many times. I've also put them in year order and will do a full book when we're off the road, (in about 10 more years). It's well worth the daily blogging.

    Thanks and I'll continue reading.
    http://tumbleweed-jimdee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a couple (3) handwritten and then typed and bound journals from 2002,3 and 4...I actually hand wrote then copied them onto the computer and printed them for our 3 kids...I love the blog now..but not sure how one would go about printing it...any ideas??

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good for you, lots of work, lots more satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post today! I'm glad you switched over too. I never did like the journal format and don't follow those since they don't seem user friendly.

    Cheers to blogger...I really like it! ~M

    ReplyDelete

The ‘Cavalry’ Has Arrived?

May 7-16, 2017 Spring has sprung and the weather that rolls in over the lake is every changing.. This morning, May 16, we woke to a ligh...