Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Is it possible?

 

The dark days of November have arrived..how we are wishing for a sunny day…a day filled with blue skies…puffy clouds and all the time in the world to do with what we want..

pano

instead we are saddled with dark, cloudy rainy  days…up before the flaming orb in the sky has risen..and by the time we get home from work it is getting dark already..

Is it possible to dislike a month?..

004

I do believe it is…cause at the moment I dislike the month of November…the time goes back an hour and it feels like there is no time!!

We spend more than 12 hours just dealing with getting ready for work..commuting to work..coming home from work....lunches..dinner…repeat…the November blues have arrived…

Even Tucker and Oliver seem to be in the  November doldrums..

IMG_7232

..sleeping the day away while we are at work..and then there is the excitement when we get home..Park time!..too bad it is dark in no time flat..can’t find the ball in the dark…

IMG_7235

before we know it…another day is done…and then we start all over again…

2009306064432118

I miss the long leisurely days of summer…

So for all of you readers out there in the sunnier parts of the country..thanks for writing all about your  ‘sunny adventures’….cause on these dark days…your posts are the one ‘bright spot’!

This weekend we will be on the hunt for the ‘flaming orb in the sky’…maybe it can be found?

20 comments:

  1. Your blog is one bright spot in my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you guys find the "flaming orb in the sky" this weekend. Wish somehow we could just stay daylight savings time! To us January & February are the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can sure relate. Even here in California, the days are way too short!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our forecast for the next ten days contains lots of rain. We had a sunny day yesterday and made good use of it by going for a walk. I agree, the daylight is much too short this time of the year. Good thing you don't live in Alaska!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the things I didn't mind about working afternoons all those many years ago, was at least getting to go to work in daylight. It was going to be dark at the end of my shift anyway, so that was a given.
    Then switching to day shift, I had to BE at work to see any daylight.
    Why did our ancestors settle in the North again? Was that all that was left?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always considered the dark gray days of November to be the mentally toughest month of the entire year. On the heels of beautiful Autumn, November is the dark and damp transition period to the long cold months of winter. Totally understand your shift in mood which is not helped by the fact you are not in a position as of yet to change your present situation and get on with your RV dreams and plans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. November here at the ranch means it is cold and will stay cold in til the first of March, At least Tucker still has some excitement when you guys get home, Rigg's is the same way.Be safe out there. Sam & Donna...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even here, in what is supposed to be the "sunny south", on this dreary, rainy day I'm wishing for a change. Hold on one more day. Tomorrow is TGIF.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The shortness of the days ... that's what gets me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. November has beautiful foliage, pumpkins and turkey day. Next month is the winter solstice and the days start getting longer. So take heart, enjoy Tuckers joy at seeing you when you get home each day, Spring will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The way you describe it, I could hate NOV too:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think dark rainy days make November even longer. :( Hope you find the sun this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do believe Ol' Sol is MIA...He did show up for about 10 minutes this AM on our walk, the he ran into the clouds..Maybe "tomorrow, tomorrow "..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey November is a bright spot for me, it's my birthday in November! Sure hope you get to see the sun this weekend. I know where you're coming from with that time of year. Your day will soon come when you can be one of those heading south. I guess Tucker is smelling pretty good now, as he is up on the bed!

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember having those same feelings when I seem to spend my life going to work in the dark and coming home from work in the dark. I so looked forward to December 21 so then I knew the days would start getting a few minutes longer again. Hang in there. We'll try and send you sunshine for your week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not missing windy and rainy November at all. It's sure nice seeing sunshine every day down here in Palm Springs - I'll try and send some northwards!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd be very happy to remain on DST all year round, I find the extra hour of daylight in the evening far more useful than the one in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I guess we in the northern latitudes pay for those long summer evenings with the REALLY short winter days - now where's the fairness in that?? I sure wish you could fast forward to retirement and go find some sunshine. Until then, we'll try and send you some wherever we find it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It doesn't matter how bleak the days are, your blog posts are always a bright spot in our day! :c)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very good description of the month of November. Always felt it the same way.

    ReplyDelete

Making a ‘valiant effort’

April 3-April 15, 2017 After 151 days parked in one spot..it was our day ‘to get rolling’.. We were hitched up and ready to head out just...