Sunday, November 13, 2011

Snow and more snow…

 

Our original plan was to not be leaving Keremeos until after lunch..but ‘ole man winter’ reared his ugly head on our route home..

alison pass

This was the view of the Allison Pass Summit this morning..and the forecast was for more snow today and tonight…

Needless to say we packed up and we were  heading east before 10 AM

2011_11_131-1

  Our first stop will be the town  Princeton..before long there was snow on the side of the road…and the snow level is pretty low…

We stopped for gas..and a coffee and  then  continued west towards Manning Park..still not too bad..

Then we rounded one of the many curves and the ‘winter wonderland’ began…

2011_11_132

It was pretty except for the sand and gravel on the road…and the flying rocks as trucks passed..don’t follow to close or you will have a new chip in the windshield…

Speaking of chips in the windshield..we got a rock chip last Christmas heading to Keremeos..it  had cracked further before long…making it’s way half way across the windshield..

This morning?..a frosty windshield..and the crack is now all the way to the driver’s side!!

So if you have not noticed until now…there is always a line across all the windshield shots!!..

It is very evident in the final photos of our trip home…

The Highway of Heroes sign along the Freeway..

(Doug was in the fast lane doing 100kms and I was clicking away trying to capture the sign decorated with the wreaths for Remembrance Day..)

Collages1

Time to get the windshield replaced…all in the name of the photo taking process!!

We are home now..safe and sound after our weekend away…Tucker is ‘tuckered out’..a tired dog is a happy dog..

and Oliver is happy to have his ‘peeps’ home!!

25 comments:

  1. Wow, that is quite the windshield crack! Sorry you had to head back early to avoid the winter weather; we sure know what that is like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it home safe!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, when the crack gets that big, I guess it's time to get the window replaced. I like your winter pictures, even through the crack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a good weekend and made it home safe..thats good

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy looking at snow pictures, but I'm sure glad I'm in Texas now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That certainly is a winter wonderland! Very pretty....I know, I know I'm not in it!!
    Yep, time to replace the windshield! Glad you all had a safe trip!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow winter for sure..glad your home safe and sound :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Flying rocks! A good excuse for me to tell Craig to give the car or truck ahead of us more room! I think he follows too close.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to see you home safe and warm! Snow. Winter... Hmmm...seems as though it is everywhere lately and all those snow birds are heading south! We will just snuggle up into a comforter, Sue, and stay warm and enjoy the pretty view out the window, right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful... but I don't want any!!!

    I remember that crack! The one in the windshield...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the snow pics. As long as they are pics. To be in snow, don't like so much. But Tucker is a snow boy. Loves it...........

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am shivering like crazy looking at those cold snowy pictures. Glad you made it home OK with all the snow. Hopefully the road surface wasn't too bad.

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to read that you made it home safe and sound. Please don't send the winter weather down or way yet; not ready for the white stuff to fall.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you've got a visit to ICBC soon! Snow? Ugh! That's all I can say about that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. windshield I can relate, have 7 separate cracks, but none in vision line on driver side, gravel trucks that arent tarped!
    Love looking at pretty pics of snow as long as it stays far far away from me. You dont want to drive in St Louis when there is snow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I spent most of my life in a snow climate. Seeing those pictures makes me soooo happy not to have to do that on a regular basis any more. When I was younger it seemed like every car had huge windshield cracks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am surprised the windshield lasted that long!!

    Glad you made it home safely!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved your Winter Wonderland collage, even though you were thinking: NO, NOT SNOW!

    What a magnificent breed Jazz is!
    I had to Google, I'd never heard of them before!
    Sort of like a Golden Retriever size Great Pyrennees!

    Tucker, we still love you boy! :)

    Thank you for sharing your weekend trip!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, I know about windshields. It's such a minor expense when it is a chip and a $$$ one when it goes all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Enjoyed you sharing your weekend adventure. Nice snow pictures. Glad Tucker and Oliver are both happy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are not alone! I've had a bunch of windshields (waaay too many) that looked just like yours.

    I was supporting the glass industry all by myself, thanks for stepping up to help take some of the load off me. ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Brrr...cold...don't want snow - but enjoyed your pictures of it!!! Hope your windshield replacement goes well. That's a nasty crack.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is hard looking at your pictures... ughhh... snow! Yes, it looks like time to replace that windshield.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Usually our windshield looks like a bug cemetery...but a crack is different..Get it fixed and you will be back to your great photos...(Actually I thought the ones you posted here were really great!)

    ReplyDelete

The ‘Cavalry’ Has Arrived?

May 7-16, 2017 Spring has sprung and the weather that rolls in over the lake is every changing.. This morning, May 16, we woke to a ligh...