Tuesday, December 27, 2011

This is why I ___?

 

What is the definition of ‘family?’

fam·i·ly/ˈfam(ə)lē/

Noun:

A group consisting of parents and children living together in a household

The  Christmas season brings most families together…

Most of us are fortunate enough to have family to spend some quality time with over the holidays..

I am the first one to admit that I have the unrealistic desire  to have what is deemed the perfect ‘Hallmark Christmas’..

The perfect tree, perfectly wrapped gifts,  perfectly presented dinner and everyone getting along..

Our family consists of my parents, and my sister and her boyfriend, daughter and son-in-law, my brother and his son..and the three of us..

We are a small group of very different people but we come together for the common goal of spending quality time together at Christmas… 

Oh, sure we have had our moments over the years but on the whole we do get along and this year was no exception..

We laughed like we have never laughed before..the discussions centered around the family history..and as each tale  was told we all said the same line?

‘This is why I ____?’

A lovely evening spent with the only people in the world who truly understand  ‘why we ___?

Cheers to my family!..no family is perfect…we agree to disagree and move on…

 

‘Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.’
Jane Howard

 

I do believe I am on Christmas stuff overload…my mind is going in every different direction..…I am starting to repeat myself….

time for some retail therapy…

this is why I _____!…

I could fill in the blank with a different word everyday depending on the situation or the mood!..

last day of a four day weekend..where has the time gone!..

On this day three years ago?..our ‘golden boy’ arrived home…our lives have been enriched because of him!..

PC276313

This is why I _____?

 

 

 

 

 

10 comments:

  1. Fill in the blank....very good, very provoking.
    Your golden boy's puppy pic is so sweet, down you love how goldens are such fur balls as babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this is why I blog! And this is why I Facebook!

    Cause I find such great friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Retail therapy? Can you say "After Christmas Sale"? ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our family connections were all via phone but they were fulfilling nonetheless. I think that having seen and spent time with family back in North Carolina and up in British Columbia just a few months back made both John and I less "homesick" and lonely for family this year. Maybe there's a lesson in that. Happy New Year to you both. A pat for Tucker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is why we watch Christmas Vacation every Christmas...We all have them... dysfunctional family Christmas's ...We have had quite a few..Some tear shed, but now that we look back...lots of love and laughs..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I think that phrase was said many times at out week long family gathering. Blaming other family members for our bad habits and quirks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you get in that mood where you desire the "perfect Christmas" watch the movie "Christmas Vacation." Great fun! Love the 'baby' picture of Tucker. He sure is a love-bug.

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy birthday Tucker from our Tucker and Lilly...I so miss the golden babies...all the best in 2011

    ReplyDelete

Settling in..

April 16-26, 2017 The past ten days have gone by very quickly.. We got settled in the compound within a couple of days… The tent survi...