Sunday, February 26, 2012

quality time…

 

Life can be difficult some days…getting some quality time with family and friends can just add to the stress of life….

and then there are the new found hobbies…that have slowly found a way into my life…

2012_02_23

Some weeks it just seems like there is not enough hours in the day..sort of like  the month when ‘the budget runs out of money before you run out of month’

…another weekend done…two days spent having  some ‘quality time’…

401548_343934532313050_295355247170979_1022919_2144707088_n

..the weather was wild and wacky…sun and wind on Saturday…and then Sunday?..

well..we had some white stuff falling from the sky..

2012_02_26

…it didn’t last for too long.but then it got a bit heavier…

2012_02_261

and before long…

IMG_7818

the sun made an appearance…

but in the mean time I had made a  a pot of chili..a great winter meal on a snowy day..

IMG_7813

..the afternoon was spent with my dear daughter…some retail therapy and then a visit with my parents..tea and cookies rounded out our afternoon…

Quality time when you least expect it…

432224_340382479337789_152560524786653_970475_1647704864_n

19 comments:

  1. That's a great message, Sue. I started a new crocheted afghan project and I find myself looking for couch time so that I work on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely scarf ... lovely, warm color for a cold winter day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you had a good week, we always look forward to hearing from you, give Tucker a pet from us. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks as if your knitting project is going along better than mine! I love the Piglet/Pooh quote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The piglet/pooh quote is special!! I really enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a lot to be learned from Winnie the Pooh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post, surprised to see the snow falling so late in February. The chili can sure hit the spot on a cold day though. Wishing you both a Great Week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chili is always a great addition to quality time:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Family and chili. I think you did good with the quality time. And sometimes other things need to be put aside so you can have that family time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a pretty special weekend to me. You are doing well with the knitting love the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tell me about your pattern source. I love the wine coloured items. Do you know about ravelry.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Where you at? I tried to figure it out, but I didnt see any hints. Except that it must be Washington, Oregon or California.
    I made a big pot of Chili yesterday too! Enough to last us for days!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE this post!

    Your knitting's looking good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your chili looks good! We had chili this week too. Have you every put sliced cabbage in yours? I have a recipe that calls for it and it is very good. More fiber, more chili, very few extra calories.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Strange how sometimes stuffed bears can say just what we all need to hear...Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have such a poetic way with words...and always a good message. Love the quotes. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nothing better than family and some quality "retail therapy." Glad you had fun!!
    Love you pooh quote...my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete

The ‘Cavalry’ Has Arrived?

May 7-16, 2017 Spring has sprung and the weather that rolls in over the lake is every changing.. This morning, May 16, we woke to a ligh...