Sunday, May 13, 2012

‘Forget me knot’

 

A day to honour your Mom..

yes this is me..and my Mom..

IMG_8118

Here is hoping that all the mom’s in blogville had a beautiful day filled with love..

IMG_8117

..found this photo of my sister, Sabine..my brother, Michael and myself..circa 1967..weren’t we cute..those dresses were so ‘itchy’!!!

Cards, and flowers..and a charm for my pandora bracelet..

IMG_8109

..forget me knot…

IMG_8110

We  spent the afternoon at the  Fort Langley Campground visiting my Mom and Dad…

IMG_8113

it was a beautiful warm sunny day…

IMG_8111

..my younger brother, Michael  came for a visit also…great day for a motorcycle ride!..

IMG_8112

We had a delicious lunch of barbecued hamburgers..and lemon cake for dessert garnished with strawberries..yummy!!!

IMG_8116

Happy Mother’s Day!..hope that you all had as lovely a day as I did!!

(This was the verse on the card Carlie gave me today…says it all..being a mom??..the best job in the world.)

‘sometimes life feels like a fairy tale..and sometimes, well..not so much..So everybody needs ONE PERSON they can count on..one person who is ALWAYS, always, always there..Mom..thanks for being my ‘one person’..it’s meant the world to me’

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a lazy day just chillin' on the deck. Looks like you had a good day enjoying the same weather we did! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day... and great weather to boot!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww ~ Happy Mother's Day to you too!!! Loved the verse from your card ~ it brought a tear to my eye♥
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice day with your mom, even the sun was out making your day so cheerful. :c)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a wonderful Mothers Day and some beautiful weather to top it off with. Have a Great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you just cry over some of these cards you get??? I sure do...Great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had such wonderful weather,and a nice visit with your Mom and family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fitting way to share a special day with mom.

    ReplyDelete

The ‘Cavalry’ Has Arrived?

May 7-16, 2017 Spring has sprung and the weather that rolls in over the lake is every changing.. This morning, May 16, we woke to a ligh...