Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Number 14?

 

My life is filled with

  • family friends
  • work friends
  • casual friends
  • face book friends
  • blogging friends

..then there are those friends who have been a part of your life  for 30 years or more..

The special ones who have been around for weddings and babies..and all the trials and tribulations of life in general.

I would consider myself most fortunate to be married to my ‘best friend’..he understands me like no one else…

But sometimes you need a night out just for some good old fashioned ‘girl talk’…

and tonight was the night for that..

My girlfriend Robbie came into town from Spruce Grove ,Alberta  this past week and we had a lovely dinner out…

IMG_8220

Robbie was maid of honour at our wedding in August 1981..

She is the mother of four boys..and her third son was born the day before Carlie was…

Robbie also went to Mexico with Carlie and I in 2009..

 

There is a long standing history and we may not talk all the time but when we do it is like no time has past…

Robbie  has also joined the  world of blog-ville..sharing her love of birds with the blogging community…

Oh sure I have known her since 1977 but she is a blogger still the same…so she is my #14…

1029-023-38-1084

 

 

 

15 comments:

  1. Tell Doug if we very get together.The two of us can grab a cold one and sit and talk some girl talk,I can tell him plenty about girls after 35 years of Law Enforcement. My Grandmother used to say"The girls are worse than the boys".Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Took me a while to figure out the #14 significance. Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that makes you and Robbie members of the YaYa Sisterhood!!YA YA!! Every woman has some in her life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely tribute to your dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing better than long tome friends:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always nice to meet another blogger, especially if she is already a best friend. Bet you had a ton of fun together on your girls night out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww...thank you so much for such a lovely tribute! I loved being able to catch up with you last night. It was also great to see Carlie, Doug, Oliver and of course Tucker!!
    KLove you my friend....talk again soon!! oxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should also add that Sue was the maid of honour at our wedding in 1981....lots of history!!

      Delete
  8. OK, I'll admit it--I don't get the reference to #14. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Long time friends are priceless! Glad you were able to spend time together and "catch up" on things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your friendship with Robbie is the best kind! I'm happy for you both, old friendships can't be beat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Real friends are forever. Glad to see you have time to enjoy each other's company.

    Great header picture! Loved it! :c)

    ReplyDelete
  12. the best kind of friendship...I have a couple of girlfriends like that also..sure makes life special....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, I am going to steal that poster.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad that you could spend time with Robbie. I have two friends that I still get together with that I have known since Grade 1. It is great to have friends like that.

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete

Making a ‘valiant effort’

April 3-April 15, 2017 After 151 days parked in one spot..it was our day ‘to get rolling’.. We were hitched up and ready to head out just...