Sunday, June 17, 2012

Dad…

I have been most fortunate to have great men in my life…

179117_10150978714710896_986635109_n

first my own Dad…

301826_10151052751416204_238587062_n

and then my wonderful husband of almost 31 years ..

Doug has been a great Dad to our only daughter and…

I am sure if ‘Tucker and Oliver could say Happy Father’s Day..they would…

PC276313

A Dad is a person
who is loving and kind,
And often he knows
what you have on your mind.
IMG_2389_thumb1

He's someone who listens,
suggests, and defends
A dad can be one
of your very best friends!

IMG_7641[3]He's proud of your triumphs
but when things go wrong
A dad can be patient
and helpful and strong.
IMG_4681[3]

In all that you do,
a dad's love plays a part
There's always a place for him
deep in your heart.
2009200121515819

And each year that passes
You're even more glad,
More grateful and proud
just to call him your dad!
Thank you, Dad .

P1060287for listening and caring
for giving and sharing
but, especially, for just being you!
Happy Father's Day
- Author Unknown

AD-DD2010

This post is dedicated to my Dad and my husband..Happy Father’s Day to you both!!!

 

.and to all the Dad’s in blogville..may your day be wonderful!!

19 comments:

  1. What a nice tribute! Makes me miss my dad even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your heart warming post to all Dads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post...happy Father's Day to Doug and your dad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice tribute, Sue. Happy Father's Day, Doug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly,I don't have any of that with my Dad. But I love him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Fathers Day Doug, hope you have a wonderful day. Enjoyed your post Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very nice tribute to dads. Thanks, Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful post and tribute....thanks Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very happy Father's Day to Doug! I am so looking forward to meeting you two in person!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful post and tribute to Dad's everywhere. Happy Father's Day, Doug.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great tribute to you dad and your hubby - and to the rest of those wonderful dads out there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful!! What a great blog and tribute to your dad and husband!

      Delete
  13. You find a way to say the nicest things about those special people in your life, very touching. :c)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice tribute to your dad and Doug too! I lost my dad at age 22 when he was only 55 years old. The bond, that developed early on, has lived on in my memory.

    ReplyDelete

Making a ‘valiant effort’

April 3-April 15, 2017 After 151 days parked in one spot..it was our day ‘to get rolling’.. We were hitched up and ready to head out just...