Saturday, June 9, 2012

Stayin’ Alive?

 

Most of the blogs that I read are ones of RV’ers…the travelling, seeing the country ..enjoying the view out the windshield.

IMG_5793

These  are posts that keep me going back to read and read some more..

The desert, ocean and the mountains from the sea to the lakes..all are interesting in their own way..

IMG_5684

So many times though I have read posts with regards to ‘how difficult it is to keep the blog going as we are sitting in one place ?’

How true this is..it can be very difficult to come up with new and exciting/or some days not so exciting topics to write about..

Sure there are bloggers out there who are able to have the creativity to  post every day..kudos to them..I wish I could be that creative..or my life was that interesting..

IMG_5722

But the daily schedule that we endure with our weekly work routine  and the ‘stuff’ involved in keeping up the house hardly seems like an  event worth writing about..

IMG_6936

..so for me..trying to keep this little ‘blog alive and well’….can be difficult at times..

IMG_6572

I find that   ‘blogging’  is sort of like a ‘special relationship’…it needs to be ‘fed and nurtured..loved and cared for…

IMG_5802

Some days it gets a ‘huge meal’ and other days it is lucky if it gets a ‘text message’..

This blog is  a commitment that I have made to myself ..I have never deemed my self a quitter so I will continue to persevere through the slow times…

IMG_7993

Sure there are days when I ignore it..and then there are other times when it is ‘well fed with words, photos and lovely words  from the readers out in blog Ville..

IMG_6140

..so as we continue to live our life in our condo in the big city..

IMG_7927

I can hope that soon there will be more days that  will be deemed ‘ a good meal to feed this little blog’

IMG_6956

 

 

 

16 comments:

  1. Sue, thanks for sharing all the color!! It's nice to remember that there are flowers like that out there, and this rain will make them grow!!! Sunshine will be nice, too! Thanks again for sharing all the wonderful things that you find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with this meal! I love the last photo. How creative. Since we have had nothing but rain for the last week, it was refreshing to see some photos of beautiful dry flowers! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to get something out on most days, but sometimes its a little boring. When we do take a trip then I have material, Thank goodness for Rigg's he invariably becomes the star of the show.Just like Tucker who I never tire of reading about. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let the words and pictures flow whenever they come. Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, you do a great job with your blog. When you have a chace, how about including some pictures of the hospital or pictures of the big city? I know that I would be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we all go thru that,I know I do. Love the last picture..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your posts are always creative and interesting, traveling or not. Hope that Sunshine and warm weather arrives your way soon. That vacation will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not one who looks to blog everyday, only when I have photos or bird news to share....but you my friend have a talent to make even a daily chore an interesting read...but I agree with Paul and Mary..."Let the words and pictures flow whenever they come"

    Have a great weekend..hope the sun peeks out for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since we are at Duke for medical reasons I have reverted to a weekly update, and that is usually boring too!! When we were traveling I updated our blog almost every day and it was fun to tell all the stories! We will be getting back to that routine after all this medical stuff is over with and we get back on the road again!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are doing a fine job girl, a fine job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I started blogging everyday....But, just last year, I found myself HATING to sit in front of that computer when I could be outside...And so, now I blog when the creativity flows...On occasion I have a "log jam" in that flow and cannot find a thing to say...Dont' feel guilty for not blogging every day...Let the love flow when you feel the call...that's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All you have to do is keep posting those great pictures of Tucker and we'll keep coming back again and again. ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always enjoy your blog, no matter how often you write. I have the same problem finding time even when I have ideas to write about. Just keep blogging because you definitely have talent. YOur photos are always beautiful and interesting too. Enjoy living your life without worrying about telling about it too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I sure do understand what you are saying. It is a constant challenge each day to come with something folks might find interesting. Some days we hit a homer, but most days just end up getting a few base hits. And, then there are the strike out days. The posts that, despite the effort, just seem to fall flat on their faces. But, each day is new & the game begins again despite the homers, the base hits & the strike outs........

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sue, by the number of people who follow you, I would say that people are interested in what you have to say. You have talent. I love your pictures and the way you write.

    I read a lot of blogs--comment on some, but not always. Jack enjoys writing the blog when we travel, but when staying at home, unless something unusual seeps into my brain, we don't have too much to say that would interest anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally agree. Since we haven't been traveling for "fun" reasons, I've resorted to telling stories from past travels. Hopefully we'll get back out on the road soon. Enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete

The ‘Cavalry’ Has Arrived?

May 7-16, 2017 Spring has sprung and the weather that rolls in over the lake is every changing.. This morning, May 16, we woke to a ligh...