Friday, August 10, 2012

Bliss?

 

We have been home from vacation for almost a week now..life is back to normal..

Doug is  back at work, I am home doing the usual household stuff.

Don’t know where this week has gone but it is gone..

No adventures, no blog worthy events, just the mundane chores.

After blogging almost every day while we were away on vacation, the adjustment to silence has been strange.

IMG_8807

Tucker is resting up..and Oliver is still ‘mad’ at being left at home for two weeks…the smallest one is the noisiest!

..I look at the pictures from our vacation..it was a good one..

IMG_8702

All our vacations are good..the time away to recharge and  spend some quality time together is what we work all year for..

We drove lots, or rather Doug drove and I sat in the passenger seat, we  saw lots and we have quite the collection of pictures..

IMG_8684

then I saw this one of  ‘Bart’..

IMG_9657

…staring up at the blue sky, basking in the warm Osoyoos sunshine..and it reminded me of the word ‘Bliss’..

Bliss’ is an emotional state that is characterized by perfect happiness ..

not a word we use very often..but it looked to me like Bart was in his ‘happy place’..

What is my ‘happy place?’..

IMG_9687

camping?

IMG_8806

the Oregon Coast?

2011194135337703

..or is it just being with my ‘best friend’ ?

IMG_9495

..or is it all of the above..

IMG_8845

We all have our ‘blissful place’…I have a few..

IMG_6766

the warm sunshine, the promise of an ocean breeze or  a weekend away all can add up to ‘bliss’..

IMG_9117

What is your definition of ‘bliss’?

IMG_8717

 

 

 

 

11 comments:

  1. Yesterday morning with the bear was pretty blissful for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anywhere Michael and Emmi are with me is bliss. I spent many,many years traveling for work and it is bliss to be home with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bliss...hmmmm...Sitting outside by a campfire, a beautiful sunset, and McGyver...yep, that's bliss to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The word bliss to me is perfection...doing exactly what I want to do at that very moment with no one or anything trying to change my blissful state. Like when I am writing and "in the moment," the words flowing so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being at the ocean is my 'bliss'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quiet moments no matter where I am are bliss ... more so if there is spectacular scenery and interesting wildlife.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are just learning about adjusting to life "at home". We have now spent about three weeks in the house since we bought it in April. Still waiting to see how to define home "bliss".

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll go with "All of the Above". Bliss is a wonderful state of mind no matter where you go.

    Great pictures to remember all the "Bliss" by. :c)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah...vacations are just too short.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A peanut butter & honey sandwich followd by a cold glass of skim milk:))

    ReplyDelete

Making a ‘valiant effort’

April 3-April 15, 2017 After 151 days parked in one spot..it was our day ‘to get rolling’.. We were hitched up and ready to head out just...