Saturday, December 15, 2012

half full or half empty?

 

Is your glass half full or half empty?

The optimist says the glass is half full.

The pessimist says the glass is half empty.

The project manager says the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

The realist says the glass contains half the required amount of liquid for it to overflow.

And the cynic... wonders who drank the other half.

The school teacher says it's not about whether the glass is half empty or half full, it's whether there is something in the glass at all.

The professional trainer does not care if the glass is half full or half empty, he just knows that starting the discussion will give him ten minutes to figure out why his power point presentation is not working.

Anyway... Attitude is not about whether the glass is half full or half empty, it's about who is paying for the next round.

half-full-half-empty

Full or empty is the true question here?

  • my heart is full
  • my life is full
  • my cupboards and fridge are full

is there really much more that needs to be full?

I really don’t think so..

167464_575991352414464_227864628_n

This has been a sad week for us..first, a girl at work lost her husband very suddenly..she is now a widow with two young children and then the events of today in  Newtown, Connecticut puts a whole different perspective on how short life can be..you just never know when your time is up..

533488_468675819840639_469691443_n

So as I sit here this evening pondering the events that have transpired this week, I say cheers to you, my blogging peeps,image-84b379fd8494808d6ad391aa02b154bb-cheersmay your glass always  be half full with what makes you happy! I know mine is!

10 comments:

  1. Good post, and we love your header picture. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ours is definitely half full. Merry Christmas Sue and Doug, and Tucker and Oliver too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ours is more than half full this Christmas season. Cheers to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spilled my glass so I have no idea if it was half full or half empty. Fortunately there is a bottle close by...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ours is definitely more than half full. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though I have days where I feel my glass is half empty and getting emptier by the minute, I know mine is always half full and sometimes close to over flowing. I have more than a person could ever want or need with the love of my beautiful family that keeps growing and my many amazing friends, like yourself, Doug and Carlie!!
    Merry Christmas my dear friend and may the New Year be full of wonderful things for us all!!! Love and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting topic to contemplate from time to time. As a positive person, my glass is always half or better than half full.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our cup overfloweth..."There, but for the grace of God..." Sometimes this country gets a wake-up call, and still refuses to WAKE UP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting blog, Sue. I am usually an optimistic, glass half-full kind of person. But I can get down from time to time and then my glass is almost empty. Right now, I am filled to the brim!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post Sue. You have such a way with words.

    ReplyDelete

Making a ‘valiant effort’

April 3-April 15, 2017 After 151 days parked in one spot..it was our day ‘to get rolling’.. We were hitched up and ready to head out just...