Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day one?

 

As the first day of 2013 draws to close, there were no resolutions made, no big decisions, life is still filled with hopes and dreams..and then there is the reality?

Work, taxes and some fun..we are hoping for more fun though?

We even managed to stay awake until after midnight last night..first time in a few years..

IMG_0337

“proof is in the pudding?” note the fireworks on the TV?..well, some would say….

It could be Australia, or Hong Kong, or London?..nope, it was Niagara Falls, with Nelly Furtado..at 12:00 a.m. our time on the West Coast..

IMG_0335

..setting the stage for 2013..

IMG_0336

..no I didn’t set the clock! we sat and waited till it flipped over to 0:00..

Today was a quiet day and  the only tasks performed today were..

  • the calendar was flipped over to January 2013
  • we moved the trailer to it’s new parking space #556
  • Tucker went to the park and chased his ball..no surprise there..
  • Grocery shopping
  • Doug washed the Jeep..it is Orange again!!

and the biggest decision of all was..

  • I have decided to join a few other ‘travel/blogging  friends’ in  doing a  documentation of   2013.. all that it entails is  to take a picture every day of the year...albeit some will be better photos than others, so bear with me..should be a fun and creative process that I am looking forward to..

Most of them will be posted on  Facebook but some may make the cut and be shared here, too!

..now I need to figure out how to change the date on the ‘watermark’!

 

 

19 comments:

  1. Welcome to the New Year 2013. Sounds like you will probably be doing a lot of the same things that we did in 2012. Life goes on, and that's such a good thing! Happy to hear you will be taking a photo a day to help document the year. That should be a fun thing to do. So much more fun with digital cameras, too. Can you remember what it would have been like years ago when we had to use actual film? Cheers to you, Doug and Tucker and Oliver. Glad to hear the Jeep is orange again. Good way to start the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder. I need to put up our 2013 calendar. We so seldom look at it that I sometimes completely forget we have one. But since I'm counting down the days until we can actually move the rig again to Q on the 10th, it'll be fun. Looking forward to good times this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your New Yeas post on facebook, Sue, and must say you did better than we did. watched the ball fall at 9pm pst and I was asleep by 11. My daughters didn't even call me at midnight as they often do. ah well. a photo a day for the year....wish I could limit myself to that number. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you figure out how to change the date on your camera, then you can do mine for me. There are too many settings on my camera. I like the idea of a photo a year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you.
    Not sure when ours was, as it was already New Years in Amsterdam when we boarded, the captain wished everyone a Happy New Year early so as not to wake anyone up. That was OK with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw the "Day One" picture on facebook, and thought that might be what you were starting. :) Look forward to seeing your daily pic.

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful header.

    Thanks for the proof you were up at midnight. I just never know when to believe you...hehe

    I like the idea of a photo a day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year to you and hugs to Tucker.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you have a fun project set up for yourself in 2013; enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. In your header, it looks like Tucker is in two places at once. Standing by the side of the lake and swimming in it??

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was just yanking your chain. I am sorry if I offended you.

    Doug does a day-by-day picture diary. In the beginning I thought it fairly useless but NOW....almost everyday we look back to this day in .... he has 4 years now. Last week something happened on his computer and it was all gone. It was like a family member had died. He got it all back thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yours was a comfortable and stress free way to reign in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your daily picture plan. Would be fun to look back on in a few years. I was up at midnight too - along with 5 grand kids! Looking forward with great anticipation to 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to do the daily picture thing, too . . . I wish I had seen Mary's before New Year's Eve so I could have been more prepared! I'm already 2 days behind!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. The daily picture sounds like a great idea. But I think I would bore everyone to death if I did that. Maybe one day I will give it a go also. Have fun though. Should be a hoot to look back at them later. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  16. sounds like a great idea...cheers to you for a great 2013..hugs to tucker fr our tucker and lilly

    ReplyDelete
  17. How was your New Year's Eve beverage?!
    We saw so many commercials for Disarrono during the holidays and wondered what it tasted like! :)
    Cheers,
    Kathy & Moll

    ReplyDelete
  18. I didnt manage to stay awake until Midnight... but Jeff did, and gunshots and fireworks woke me up at Midnight.
    A picture a day sounds like fun... unfortunately, I missed 8 days. Do you have 9 pictures as of today?

    ReplyDelete

The ‘Cavalry’ Has Arrived?

May 7-16, 2017 Spring has sprung and the weather that rolls in over the lake is every changing.. This morning, May 16, we woke to a ligh...