Friday, April 12, 2013

‘Weather or NOT?’

 

Living on the west coast of British Columbia we are use to the rain, and it normally does not affect our plans, that is until of course we make plans to head out and go camping.

IMG_1107

We had decided earlier in the week that our destination this weekend would be Merritt.

IMG_1035

I had started getting things organized during the week and every day we checked the weather forecast. It was looking good for the weekend!

IMG_1108

I had stocked up on all the camping food and had started to load the food box with the necessities.

IMG_1109

We were looking forward to spending a quiet weekend, just sitting by the river..

IMG_1034

..and then it happened..

Environment Canada, burst our  camping bubble..Fullscreen capture 12-Apr-2013 212343

..rain and more rain..do we really want to drive all that way and sit in the rain?

How about if we go somewhere closer to home?Fullscreen capture 12-Apr-2013 212502

..that doesn’t look any better!

Geez, our plans will have to be put on the back-burner for now!

So now what?

Well there is always closets to clean? What good way to spend a rainy day!

IMG_1100

I started with the front hall closet..this is my side ..only a few coats, hats and scarves..

IMG_1101

Doug on the other hand has a few more choices of jackets to wear!

Next was the dresser in our bedroom..

IMG_1102

..now if only it would stay this tidy!

..easy to match up the socks..

IMG_1103

all nicely rolled up..looks much better than before, just trust me on that one!

and last but not least is our closets..

IMG_1105

..nice to have everything all organized..

and colour co-ordinated..

IMG_1106

..at least I accomplished something today..

Would have much rather been here, though..

IMG_1031..next time!!..at least I will be ready!!

16 comments:

  1. But don't you feel better now that all your closets are neat and tidy???? At least for a little while.
    I do love those header picture of a muddy Tucker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wet dog header pictures!

    I'm sorry your trip got canceled, but at least you accomplished something. I probably would have sat home, ate cookies and pouted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunny days will soon be your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to rain here this weekend. Can you stop by and organize our closet and dresser? :) The sock drawer looks amazing.

    So sorry your trip got postponed. Hopefully there will be a break in the weather soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would have opted for camping in the rain over cleaning and sorting out the closets. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merritt is not quite ready yet. In fact, reliable sources told me the Coq was going to be closed. We will be there May 28th and then you will have a much more reliable source.

    OCD ? me too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're getting a big dump of snow here...was considering putting up the Christmas tree! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I would have rather sat out in the rain...naked. :cD

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to clean and organize...especially on rainy or snowy days. You have a very nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holey moley, someone sure likes socks lol!! I have about a dozen pair (all the same!) and I thought I had a lot. It always makes a body feel better to get something cleaned and organized. Hope the weather clears and you get to make that trip soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh well, look at the east coast weather. In addition to being crappy it's also cold.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We've certainly had a lot of rain here this week. I can hardly wait for the sunshine to return.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can come and organize my closets and drawers the next time the weather doesn't cooperate with your plans.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have plenty of closets that would love to have your TLC :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. At least you made the best of it, I might of just sulked:)

    ReplyDelete

The ‘Cavalry’ Has Arrived?

May 7-16, 2017 Spring has sprung and the weather that rolls in over the lake is every changing.. This morning, May 16, we woke to a ligh...