Thursday, July 18, 2013

Accomplishments?

 

One week into my vacation and what have I ‘accomplished?’

The days go by so quickly..I am up early and I stay up late?

IMG_1538

The weather has been warm and sunny..the air conditioner has been doing it’s job keeping us cool..IMG_1645

at least that makes it easier to get all the ‘inside jobs’ accomplished!

I have ‘cleaned’ ..

IMG_1696

..and ‘steamed’..

IMG_1698

..and ‘cleaned’ some more..

IMG_1703

..the after..looks almost brand new..

IMG_1704

..I have cleared the deck..in preparation for the ‘strata workers’ to pressure wash and paint..

IMG_1707

..moved some furniture around..

IMG_1694

..sucked up some ‘pet hair’ off the ‘fur-niture’..

IMG_1697

..tidied closets and drawers..organized papers..shopped and cooked..

IMG_1700

..we enjoyed a Saturday afternoon, “happy hour'”..

and a Sunday dinner..

IMG_1701

..finished knitting a blanket..

IMG_1705

and started a couple of new projects..

IMG_1712

..this one reminds me of ‘neapolitan’ ice- cream..

…and a ‘patriotic’ blanket’, only a few rows done..

IMG_1711

..but the best part of the week has been….getting ready to go  on ‘the real vacation’..

..one load ready to get put into the trailer..

IMG_1708

..and then pack the cooler..

IMG_1709

..and the clothes, computers, and of course, the camera..

..Where are we heading, tomorrow?

Fullscreen capture 17-Jul-2013 103648

..Oregon Coast, North Cascades and the Okangan..

..2102 kilometers..just a short drive!

18 glorious days of rest and relaxation..

..Should be a fun time..I am so ‘ready’ for a ‘real vacation’..

..come and ride along with us!..there is tons of room!

 

15 comments:

  1. Yours is a great looking holiday camping trip. We'll follow along. Wising you good weather and great camping spots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have been busy. Things will be all nice, clean and tidy for when you come back so that you can leave on holiday and feel really free. Looks like you will have a wonderful trip. I know that you love that area.

    Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have the most marvelous vacation ever. You certainly are going to see some gorgeous coastline. I love Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This time I'll only have to ride along with you on the North Cascades and Okanagan trips! We'll make our own way to the Oregon Coast--see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you. We are doing the Oregon Coast in October with "Just Wanderin'". You will have much better weather. Believe me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gee, I did not see anything on your first week of vacation that I would like to do:) Then, I do not get any vacation from retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got my wine and Rum ready to go, and MacGyver has his Busch Lite...may have to have Tucker sit on top of the cases of beer, though...Let's go!! We are on camper withdrawal here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!! You accomplished a LOT and you are going to come to Oregon! oh boy oh boy. looking forward to following along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it awful that vacations always go faster than work weeks? Where are you spending the night tomorrow? Your map looks like you're crossing over to Oregon at Longview!! We're here! We're here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sure hope the rest of your vacation is more relaxing. I'm so sad....

    ReplyDelete
  11. After all that work, you deserve going on vacation ... have fun and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here's hoping you have a fabulous vacation--don't forget to pack Tucker!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you through in a few pics of "new" projects. I was thinking...how silly of her to take a vacation just to clean. I see you haven't lost your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whew! You sure accomplished a lot. I'm tired just from reading all you got done :). Looking forward to reading about your Oregon adventure. Happy Trails!

    ReplyDelete

Making a ‘valiant effort’

April 3-April 15, 2017 After 151 days parked in one spot..it was our day ‘to get rolling’.. We were hitched up and ready to head out just...