Thursday, August 22, 2013

32 years..

 

another anniversary is upon us..

Our first date was on  August 5th  1979..and we have been together ever since..

IMG_1461

And on this day, August 22nd, 1981..  32 years ago, today..

IMG_2387_thumb[7]_thumb[2]

I married my ‘best friend’ and the ‘love of my life’..

IMG_2389_thumb1

We were barely 22 years old and filled with hopes and dreams..

IMG_2390

..fast forward a few years and Carlie was born in 1985..

IMG_3779_1

As I look back I wonder where the time has gone..

We have had some tough times and some good times..who ever said that being married is easy is not telling the truth..

IMG_1290_1

Lots of give and take over the years but we have persevered and made it through the rough patches..

Sure we have made some mistakes but that is what being married is all about..

IMG_1446

Now here we are looking at the next phase in our life..

IMG_1747

..we can only hope that the next thirty two years will be everything we are hoping for..

Wish us luck..it may be a ‘bumpy ride’ but we can handle it, we made it this far!!

Happy Anniversary to my darling husband, my best friend and the love of my life even after all these years..

 

“If we  live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”


― Winnie the Pooh

 

 

13 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary you two! We may have to eat a celebratory pancake in your honor! Cheers and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful anniversary, Sue and Doug. As Si would say, "Hey, that's what I'm talking about!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Happy Anniversary! I like your quote from Winnie the Pooh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations..I wrote a poem for a friend's wedding anniversary..I'll see if I can find it and email it to ya...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary. Have a fantastic day with your best friend and love of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary! Life is so much better when you have someone special to share it with! :c)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary. You haven't changed a bit from that wedding picture !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very happy anniversary to you both. And they said it wouldn't last. What do THEY know?!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. And may you have many more years together out there camping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, I am not lying. We have been over rough patches too but never about our relationship. Kids and money yeah, but never our marriage. Happy Anniversary you two.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, that first picture of you guys was taken at our wedding ;)
    Happy anniversary you two...here's to at least 32 more blissful years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWESOME! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! AND MANY MORE TOO......!

    ReplyDelete

Making a ‘valiant effort’

April 3-April 15, 2017 After 151 days parked in one spot..it was our day ‘to get rolling’.. We were hitched up and ready to head out just...