Monday, August 26, 2013

Time and effort..

This blog was ‘born’ over five years ago..hard to fathom how much time and effort has gone into the writing and photography.  Maybe it’s better not to think of that..

I do think of all the hopes, dreams, travels and the  friends we have met over the past five years.  A lot of time has been spent  to create this ‘on line scrapbook’. and along with that it has created what I like to think is a ‘blogging family’..

Over seven hundred posts and almost 7000 comments..things have changed for me over the last few years..have I become a ‘writer’..a ‘photographer?’..no, just a blogger who shares her life with those who are interested enough to read the posts that are created.

The last few days I have looked over some of the comments from the early days and realized how as the blog evolved so did the audience..the commenters have changed over the last few years..some have moved on..some don’t blog anymore, some are no longer with us…and some have changed lifestyles so blogging is not part of their daily activities.

Has my life changed enough to stop the blogging? Am I done sharing our lives with my ‘followers’? Not too sure about that..will have to wait and see..

 

Oh, sure I know that I have annoyed a few with my thoughts and happenings, but such is life..we can’t all get along all the time..

We have almost reached what was suppose to be our big ‘milestone’…’keeping an eye on the prize’ was our mantra when this blog was born..but now as Summer 2013  is drawing to a close and 2014 will be here before we know it..

Will this dream become a reality?..and what is the ‘dream’..over the last few years our hopes and dreams have evolved just as this blog has…

Our plans change and then they change again..so what will happen when next year hits?…only time will tell..one can only hope that what ever events transpire we will be happy with the choices we have made..

We are healthy, have good jobs and a roof over our heads..we have family and friends and for that we are most grateful..

In closing I just want to say thank you for reading along with me/us for the last five years. We will take each day as it comes and we are still ‘keeping an eye on the prize’ even if the prize changes.

 

 

 

19 comments:

  1. I had forgotten that! When I first found your blog, we were aiming for 2014 as well. We changed our plans in the other direction. :) It sounds from what you have written like you may not be thinking about fulltiming now? As long as you are happy, that's the important thing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you have to 'go with it', or you'll go off the deep end. I thought after we moved back to Canada that I'd stop blogging. (I have a hard time calling it "writing") but every so often a thought pops into my pea brain, and I somehow need to get it out. Probably a good thing. Keeps me sane.
    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love your blog posts! Keep on enjoying life. Tucker shows us all how! Judy & John

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the very best things about life is the fact that we never know what is really going to happen. We plan, we dream, we decide this is what we want, and then life happens. So we adjust and sometimes have new dreams and plans. I could never do a daily blog. That is beyond my patience and abilities. But I sure do love reading others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean. Keeping up a blog can be difficult. I love the idea of it as a diary. Sometimes I figure enough is enough and other times I really want to jot to memory the happenings. However, this was a GREAT blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty new to blogging and love it, but know what you mean about goals changing. And that's a good thing! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'll check out your past posts to see where you've been, we can't wait to camp in Canada when we retire!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary. Five years is a long time to do something without offending someone. No need to worry about us. We have enjoyed your adventures and photos. Wishing you a long time of happiness...whatever you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I for one am glad I met you not only in the blogging community but in person. Your blogs continue to intrigue me - I very much enjoy your words and your photography. Keep dreaming...even when the dream changes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kudos, Sue, for blogging over 5 years!
    I have enjoyed your writing and photography, like many of your readers!
    Life is funny, some times rolling with the changes we come up to happy circumstances!
    Hugs,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. You wrote a very thought-provoking blog post, Sue. Dreams can and do change, mostly due to life circumstances, the economy, family concerns, etc. The "prize" may change as time goes on, but the process or journey is what is interesting to me, and to other blog readers, I would imagine. Keep up the good blog work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's OK to be reflective and to reexamine one's choices in life. To blog or not to blog? I choose to write when I feel I have something to write about. I do consider our blog to be a true diary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Life is a mystery for sure. You just have to do what's right for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I, too, had forgotten what year the prize actually was...Follow your hearts, that's most important..After all, it isn't where you are, it's who you are with that is the real PRIZE!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well written post & I especially appreciated your true take on blogging. I like when people write honestly from the heart.........

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good for you! Five years and still going strong. I've enjoyed reading about your adventures. Well said today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations... 5 years and 700+ posts is quite an achievement. I would agree with the other comments... dreams change... sometimes slowly evolving into a different life... sometimes overnight. But the main thing is to keep on dreaming... keep on making those plans... they don't have to be written in stone.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been doing the blog over eight years an regularly wonder if it is time to quit. I am still thinking:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sue, I have enjoyed your blog from the very beginning. I don't comment as often on blogs (life changes) but I catch up on many bloggers when time permits. Can't believe 5 years has past! Hope whatever 2014 brings will be happiness for you.

    ReplyDelete

Making a ‘valiant effort’

April 3-April 15, 2017 After 151 days parked in one spot..it was our day ‘to get rolling’.. We were hitched up and ready to head out just...