Thursday, August 8, 2013

Sporadic?

 

Our summer vacation for 2013  is but a memory…

IMG_1714

Gone are the days of early morning coffees..IMG_2172

  late breakfasts..

IMG_1862

afternoon naps..

IMG_2095

walks on the beach..

IMG_1794

enjoying the view..

IMG_2215

meeting new friends..

IMG_1855

and spending time with ‘ old friends’..

IMG_1746

happy hours..

IMG_2088

..beach sunsets..

IMG_1915

Doug is now back to work and I am left to my own devices..trying to fill my days with exciting activities..

IMG_2018

While we were on vacation our being able to connect with the internet was ‘sporadic’ to say the least..

IMG_1741

Not that we really missed being ‘connected’..you don’t realize how much time is spent on the computer until you can’t connect..nice to take a break..

IMG_2041

I was most thankful for the Live Writer program as I was able to do a ‘daily post’ and save it until there was actually enough ‘band-with’ to publish..

IMG_2210

Maybe next year we will have our own ‘hotspot?’..it may be something to look into?

Now onto the weekend adventures..stay tuned..

 

11 comments:

  1. Sometimes, being sporadic is a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like the times when there's no internet ... for a while at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We might have to look into some form of connection now that we have the Casita. There are times I think being "unconnected" might be a good thing. You are right Live Writer is very helpful in that respect!!
    Sounds like a GREAT vacation and lots of great memories!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am more and more looking forward to being UNconnected once in a while and just enjoying the scenery. I don't think it's a bad thing, although I do admit that I love my internet

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been a long time since I worked last (Oct 06), but I remember that I did not mind going back to work. Not sure I would feel the same now:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never to late for an afternoon nap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Word days go too slow and vacation days always seemed to zip right along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Work seems to make vacations all the sweeter. As a matter of fact, a break from almost anything makes whatever it is--sweeter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sporadic...Internet...slow...comment...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grant loves Live Writer, too! Makes life so much easier!
    How many knitting projects will you do this summer? :)

    ReplyDelete

Making a ‘valiant effort’

April 3-April 15, 2017 After 151 days parked in one spot..it was our day ‘to get rolling’.. We were hitched up and ready to head out just...