Sunday, December 22, 2013

the final month!!!

..and so begins the month of December..

Day 334: seems to be a Sunday afternoon tradition..'coffee at Starbucks'..nice way to end the weekend

335

Day 335: 'Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high,
There's a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby.
...
Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue,
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true....

1486923_10151816678625896_1275843380_n

Day 336: 'baby it's cold outside?'..how cold you ask?..cold enough for our little fridge that is on the sun deck to turn into a 'freezer'

pop can

Day 337: 'say ah?'...nice 'chompers' PO..good for 'mousing?'

IMG_3022

Day 338: told you it was cold outside?..only -6.8

IMG_3026

Day 339: a Friday morning 'mirror' image?

IMG_3025

Day 340: the Simillkameen River in Princeton..it was a 'balmy –22'

IMG_3039

Day 341: Heading west through Manning Park..what a difference a day makes..yesterday it was -26 at the Allison Pass Summit and today a mere -9..whoohoo..beach weather?

1501772_10151827769555896_1872359048_n

Day 342: 'just a skiff' of snow..for now?IMG_3044

Day 343: 'Soft kitty,
Warm kitty,
Little ball of fur.
Happy kitty,...
Sleepy kitty,
Purr, purr, purr...'
Our kitty is seven years old plus one day today..Happy birthday PO!

IMG_3046

Day 344: dark winter nights are meant for knitting..my 'A and W' blanket project..

IMG_3048

Day 345: one can never have too many knitting projects in progress...get bored with one..move onto the next one..

IMG_3049

Day 346: I have been suffering from a bad case of 'denial'..finally gave in and succumbed to going downstairs and getting the 'Christmas decorations'..

IMG_3051

Day 347: Let's start with the front door..

IMG_3058

Day 348: My 'favourite'..nice to see him free from the storage container..

IMG_3056

Day 349: winter sunset at glen park

1476394_10151843566380896_1893702861_n

Day 350: our very little Christmas tree

IMG_3057

Day 351: Wednesday night by candlelight..

IMG_3061

Day 352: this ornament has been hanging front and center on our Christmas tree for 32 Christmas's..when I purchased it in 1981 I never thought about the long term..but now as the years have gone by it gets more and more special each and every time I place it on our tree..

IMG_3069

Day 353: a 'west coast blast' from 'old man winter'! Happy Friday morning!IMG_3067

Day 354: A Saturday afternoon spent baking the 'Christmas treats'!

IMG_3071

..so there you have the first 21 days of December..only 11 more photos to go!!

17 comments:

  1. I am amazed at your ability to find and take these fabulous pictures every day for an entire year. And also have such wonderful explanations to go with them. It's been fun following along but I'm sure you will be taking a much needed break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what's your daily challenge for next year!? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun to see your daily photos, Sue. I agree with Sandie, the explanations and blog captions are all part of the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you're ready for Christmas ... those cookies look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the "front and center" ornament. We have a similar one that someone got us our first year of marriage.

    Another great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the first 21 days of December...great pics!! I like the decorations, so pretty! I sure enjoyed the "babies" in the sleeping positions enjoying a good snooze in the bed. Looks familiar!! We have several ornaments that we got from my mom and dad when we got married, They mean so much to me. I now display them in a glass bowl for safety...wouldn't want them to fall from the tree.
    Merry Christmas to you and Doug!! Have a great holiday and a wonderful adventurous 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas Sue and Doug. Love your decorating. You are a pro!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please! No more cookie pictures. I drooled all over my keyboard! :cD

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sure looks like Christmas in your neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another nice collection of photos. You are almost done with your self imposed photo project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sure wish I could do the needlepoint I use to do. The eyes are not so good and I get headaches. You do some great knitting! Your house looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your knitting projects make me want to start knitting... some day.

    Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The end of the project is near! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have worked hard at this project - good for you. Wishing you and Doug and very Merry and Blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Our best Christmas wishes to you and Doug. Enjoyed your year in pictures great job! Hope we can catch up to you guys in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  16. First Paul and Mary, and now you! You guys are conspiring to torment me because of my lack of discipline. I only wish I could have the gumption to take a creative photo every day. I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Making a ‘valiant effort’

April 3-April 15, 2017 After 151 days parked in one spot..it was our day ‘to get rolling’.. We were hitched up and ready to head out just...