Friday, April 18, 2014

K-town

How does one define their ‘happy place?’

Everyone is different and we all have  different perspectives as to how to define a ‘happy place?’

for some it is the

Beach??

Mountains?

Forest?

or the Desert?

or?

For us it is a little town nestled in the Similkameen Valley..

images

the town of Keremeos, I have blogged about our many visits over the last few years..

keromeos_04_640

im 4

..so as you can guess, our Easter weekend is being spent behind the gates at Riverside Orchard..

IMG_3363

….locked into our ‘happy place’..

IMG_3364

..doesn’t take much to turn us into ‘happy campers’..

IMG_3341

even though we aren’t parked in a campground..we have all the comforts of home..

IMG_3340

..the views change each and every time..

IMG_3345

the trees are starting to bud..

IMG_3350

IMG_3355

...the grass is green..

IMG_3365

IMG_3352

IMG_3349

..the horses are growing..

IMG_3337

and we are seeing ‘double?’

IMG_3360

the flag is flapping..

IMG_3362

there is time to read..

IMG_3339

and time to bake..

IMG_3347

IMG_3369

and some time for Bart to come out of hibernation..

IMG_3358IMG_3359

…we have only been here since yesterday and ‘our happy place’ is doing it’s ‘job’ already..

Where is your ‘happy place?’

13 comments:

  1. My happy place is the beach, and we'll head there tomorrow afternoon after Sophie's 3rd birthday party. Keremeos and the orchard look awesome. No rain today? We had a dry day today and it was nice after it rained all day yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although it has been about 39 years I still miss British Columbia. The Okanagan Valley was my favorite place back in the early 70's. Vernon to be exact. Don't remember ever making it to Keremeos but I do remember hearing the name, Hard to pick a single favorite place now because I seem to have many favorite places, Places I have not been yet have the potential to be my next favorite place & many of the places I have already been will remain forever my remembered favorite place:)).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know that I have one happy place. It seems I can find it everywhere we go. I'll have to think about whether we have a place that is "happier" than others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it great we all don't have the same "happy place"? If it we did, our place would be packed and then we wouldn't be happy at all. Give me a beach and I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have lots of happy places...mountains, marshes, the North woods, but only occasionally a beach. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good you got away. Can I borrow that book?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you managed to get away for a short trip.
    Once you begin your travels you will end up with a list of favorite places each having something special that you can savor in your memories.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, like others, have lots of happy places but I prefer the desert. Forests and lots of trees are not high on my list but I do think they are beautiful. But your happy place is just wonderful and I especially like your twin neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that whole area!
    Glad you are in your Happy Place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is hard to pick one happy place'. We have so many....and there are more that we have not yet discovered. We both like Keremeos. We have motorcycled and stayed over night a few times in the past. Lovely area.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our happy place is just about any where we park it.

    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't have enough fingers and toes to count all my happy places! ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Keremeos! I love Keremeos it is so pretty there. I don't blame you for this being your happy spot. I must say my happy spot is pretty much anywhere outdoors. I am so thankful winter has finally passed here in Ontario...I need to put hibernation behind me :)

    ReplyDelete

Making a ‘valiant effort’

April 3-April 15, 2017 After 151 days parked in one spot..it was our day ‘to get rolling’.. We were hitched up and ready to head out just...