We have been living ‘full time’ in our 28 foot travel trailer since February 21, 2014..
Six months of living in a 200 square foot house on wheels with four feet and eight paws....
No ‘sticks and bricks’ home to go back to..just a few boxes stored in a garage in Keremeos...the rest of our ‘stuff’ with us..
We all have what we call ‘defining moments’ in our lives..
- be it getting married
- having kids
- buying a house or a car or a rv?
- or become a ‘full-timer?’
What defines someone being a full-timer?
- is it the size of their rv?
- Is it someone who criss-crosses the country..seeing as many sights as they can while they travel?
- Is it a part time traveller ?
- is it a snowbird?
- is it parking in one spot for longer periods of time?
- Is it only those that go ‘south for the winter?’..seeking the sun, sand and surf?
- is it only those who ‘boondock in the desert?’
- do they work full time or part time out of their rv?
- are they work campers,like us?
- are they camp-hosts?
- do they travel with children, home schooling them as they travel?
- do they have pets?
- do they volunteer at a campground in exchange for a free ‘campsite?’
Doug and I have had many a discussion on this topic..and we have come to the conclusion that our definition of a ‘full timer’ is just someone who lives their life in a RV 365 days a year, give or take a vacation or two?..
It doesn’t matter if you stay in one spot for an extended period of time or you move every few days..
It is the choice to live a simpler life in a small space..be it in a 14 foot trailer or a 45 foot tag axle..the home on wheels is what defines being a ‘full timer’.
We are comfy in our small space surrounded by the things that make our ‘little house on wheels’ a home..
We have all the comforts of home from a kitchen to a living room and a bedroom and a bathroom..it may be on a smaller scale than some but we make it work..
Yes, we have been sitting still since the end of March..doing our work camping jobs and soon it will be time to get re-organized and hook up the trailer and head on out..
So as the 2015 camping season is slowly coming to an end..our thoughts are also turning to ‘what will we do when this ‘gig is up’ and where will we go?
The wheels will turn again ..that is of course, unless they are flat on one side from sitting for so long?
..you never know where we may wind up..so stay tuned..a new adventure is on the horizon..