November 7-23, 2015
The snow is getting lower on the mountains that surround the park..
..it’s time for the ‘winter prep’ to begin..
..there are a few items that are necessary for our ‘winter stay’ in Osoyoos..just to make things much more comfortable inside and outside..
- warm socks..no cold feet
- dehumidifier..excess moisture can be a ‘killer in a rv’
- electric heater with thermometer control and an oscillating feature..yes we still use our furnace at night but during the day this ‘tall beauty’ keeps us warm..
- electric water hose to keep the water running..
- foil wrap on the water standpipe and it is also fitted with heat tape underneath that ‘fancy silver sock’
- cover for the sewer hose..we used a 4 inch piece of plastic pipe and just put it over our regular rhino sewer hose
- a 100 pound propane tank rental from the park..
- skirting was the last and final piece to the ‘hibernation’ puzzle..
..a nice warm R-17 insulation skirt for the bottom of the trailer..
We seem to have all the ‘pieces to the winter puzzle’..now we just need to put it all together..
and then we just wait for ‘old man winter to arrive?’…
we have had snow on the mountains surrounding the park..
..a frozen ‘water bowl’ for Tucker….he couldn’t quite grasp the concept?
He, of course still thinks it’s summer time?
never mind the fact that the leaves are changing colour..
..soon his favourite swimming hole will be a big ‘ice cube’..but for now we will enjoy the blue skies and the autumn colours..
..and the walks at Haynes Point..
..soon days like these will be replaced with a few indoor doors but not to worry..we are ready for ‘hibernation’..